JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey gang, looking for a gunsmith familiar with ARs or a shop with an in-house smith on the Westside of the Portland metro (Beaverton/Hillsboro/Tigard/SW PDX).

I've used Curt's pretty exclusively, but I'd prefer to not be forced to only go of a weekend and then wait until the next weekend if I need something worked on.

Any suggestions?

When my rifle gets back from Seekins (got the odd bad handguard, but customer service so far has been great) I'll be looking to have my set screw gas block pinned.

I have been using set screw gas blocks for years and have never felt I needed to pin it. IMHO pinning a set screw gas block (if installed correctly) is a waste of time and money.

If you still feel the need to pin it, give Allision & Carey a call 503-256-5166

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Set screws with some loctite and nary a problem here. When my gas block is all gunked up someday from my cast lead bullets I will chuck it and replace with a new one. Still may never happen in my lifetime anyways, but easy to replace. Sits right below my free float hand guard. I even have markings on the barrel where the new one will go....easy.

I have been using set screw gas blocks for years and have never felt I needed to pin it. IMHO pinning a set screw gas block (if installed correctly) is a waste of time and money.

If you still feel the need to pin it, give Allision & Carey a call 503-256-5166

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews