JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
building an emergency kit for various activities, already have a handgun but would like to have something compact-able with a bit more range and accuracy for those moments i would likely never see.

Preferably Henry stock configuration
not interested in fancy upgrades nor stocks that will not contain the rest of the gun
all i want is the plain old 22 rifle that fits in a back pack.
would like to get one in good shape, ugly on the outside wont bother me as long as she has inner beauty. extra mags would be a plus but more than what will fit the stock isn't necessary, unless i could find bag that will wrap the stock like i have seen before.
plain colors are also preferred, camo wouldn't turn me off to it.

also not opposed to an older model or version as long as it is reliable, which is the whole point.

also would prefer and oregon transfer so i wont have to pay a transfer fee.

i posted this same thread on the PNW forum while this site was down.

mostly depends on the amount of use its seen and overall quality. if it looks good and has not problems i think i could stomach $275-300 with a low power scope as a bonus maybe even without if it appears nearly new. if it has some wear possibly up to $250 but would be dependent on how much wear and whether it needs something replaced. dont really needs a scope for it but it would be a nice bonus but not interested in any battery powered optic. if you have one and feel its worth a bit more i would be willing to hear an offer.

as far as the marlin i may be interested but it does complicate things considering we are in different states. i would end up spending a pretty good amount more. keeping shipping and transfer fees in mind.

While you think you want one, you will likely change your mind once you get one. They are not very good guns for the money. Find a Marlin Papoose or similar and have something worth the money.

well its not the point of having a great gun per say, im just looking for something very small with more range than a hand gun. it will be put in an emergency bag that will either be in my trunk or in a closet in home. im not a hunter and i dont think i would do anything with it but shoot at targets, the point is just to have a small rifle.

i have looked at the marlin and it would fit the bill the only reason i dont accept the offer above it just that i dont want to pay that much money for shipping and transfer fees. im trying to buy one that will be less than $300 and i wouldnt want to spend that much without getting a chance to look at it too.

I have an ar7 industries Ar7. Stock only holds 1 mag. Works perfect but butt pad is a little beat up from behing defined the seat of my truck. It also has a few nicks and scuffs on it. Can take pictures if you are interested. It did not like American eagle ammo but shoots cci perfectly. I've never tried any other ammo.

im sorry everyone. because of the possibility a ban may be passed on quality rifles in the future i will no longer be seeking this rifle and instead be looking to buy a different kind of rifle before any possible ban may be passed. thank you all for trying to help me in this thread.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.