JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've got 2 of the CMMG Bravo's and they function very well. Only had one ftf after several hundreds of rounds fired. No real drop in accuracy noted either as a 22lr bullet is .223 and the bore on an AR is .224.

Same with the CMMG Bravo conversion, solid and reliable and decent accuracy! Only thing I noted is accuracy starts dropping quick as the range increases, likely due to the much faster twist of the AR 5.56 barrel ( Mine are all 1/7) but for plinkin, they are quite good!

I think CMMG is the only quality player left in the game on this. They have pretty much perfected Cieners design. I have heard that some of the Military conversions are better but they are hard to find and cost more.

I find I get the best accuracy if using them as a conversion and not as an dedicated .22 out of a 1/12 twist barrel vs. a 1/9 or 1/7

CMMG
Black Dog magazines

don't expect flawless operation until about 500-1000 rounds.
super fun suppressed with subsonic.

I too have the CMMG kit. Mine came with three mags and they run pretty good but a little heavy. In my experience, don't go crazy with lubing the conversion kit "BCG". I lubed mine pretty good once, it had feeding issues. When lightly lubed, it ran a heck of a lot better.

I am also running black dog mags, some with plastic and some with metal feed lips. Very nice mags and you can get them in a bunch of different colors. Do yourself a favor and get a mag loader too. Makes loading them mags soooo much easier.

I was never a big fan of .22lr. But I bought a conversion kit last year and several thousand rounds of .22lr, so glad I did.

I used a couple of the Ciener ones decades back and they did work fine for playing. As others mentioned the real problem is the twist is wrong so accuracy suffers badly. When I tried them it was bad enough to make me give up. If you really want to use .22 for practice and cheap fun get a dedicated upper. SOOOO much better that way.

I took some exchange students from work out to shoot some AR's and AK's the other day. After I got home and counted how many empty mags I had I decided to order one of these kits. Got my confirmation email from CMMG that says. Your order has been submitted to the production floor. Please allow 12 to 15 weeks for completion.

Ura-Ki,

Best range for consistency?

50 Yds/

75...?
Apologies, I didn't see your quote till now! The answer depends on which of my ARs I'm running the conversion in, the SBR 11.5 inch seems to hold About MOA to 100 meters or so, depending on the ammo, where as my 14.5 inch AR seems to hold MOA to about 130 meters! One could extrapolate from there what a 16 inch and a 20 inch should be capable of with the same twist. Keep in mind these are with 1/7 twist barrels, and I seriously suspect that is the major limiting factor for accuracy! One other thing, I note my Chrome barrel 14.5 AR dosnt show nearly the level of fouling as the melonited 11.5 incher does!

I had a cmmg chamber adapter crack after emailing them about it they sent me a replacement in a couple days without asking for pics or returning the collar part.
Good CS

I have the CMMG kit as well. It works great with all the cheap ammo but the CCI mini mags give more consistent accuracy. I have only run it in 16" 1/9 twist 5.56 barrel. It causes more debris to build up in lower compared to centerfire uppers.

Raising my hand as another CMMG kit owner. Great for plinking on the AR platform at 10% of the cost. I've used the conversion kit on two different 16-inch uppers, both 1:8 with decent accuracy at 50 yards. Runs any ammo with zero issues on my end. I use Chiappa Arms 28-round mags and they work great. Like @arakboss, rimfire debris builds up quickly. But the lower is easy to disassemble, take outside, and blast with air to clean out :)

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews