JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Pre-ban Colt Match H-Bar Model R6601 in 223/5.56 with a 20" barrel and 1/10 twist. Has a fixed carry handle with a scope mount and a single point sling. Less than 100 rounds down the pipe. Gun is in like new condition and comes with 4 next to new and 4 surplus 30 round magazines. In addition there is also one 20 round magazine. $600. Please txt or call 503-880-5484 with any questions. Face to face CASH ONLY NO TRADES and I will meet at the FFL of your choice for transfer in Portland metro area. I will not ship.
Thanks
Jeff

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 5.JPG

photo.JPG

Last Edited:
These excuse my ignorance but what is special about a pre-ban AR 15
no I am not thread bashing I'm just curious what the differences between a pre-ban and post ban AR 15

These excuse my ignorance but what is special about a pre-ban AR 15
no I am not thread bashing I'm just curious what the differences between a pre-ban and post ban AR 15

I hope its ok that i answer this .

Here is a history lesson for those who didn't know. This is off the top of my head .

In sept of 1994 bill clinton enacted a 10 year assault weapons ban that banned any weapon with the ability of attaching a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds and has 2 or more of these evil features , A pistol grip, a threaded muzzle, a collapsable stock , a bayonet lug,

during the 10 year ban if you bought a rifle made during that period and put any of these features on it you would pay a large fine and go to jail for up to 5 years . however all the rifled made prior to the ban were grand fathered so you could add a collapsable stock to it or bayonet lug any of those mentioned evil features.

Magazine that held over 10 rds were also banned.

During that time prebans were very sought after since you could not build the newly introduced M4 carbine without one unless you wanted a pinned stock and no flash hider no bayonet lug . In fact that that time there were no M4 type rifles ever made for cilvilians like you see so many of now you had to buy the parts to install them on your preban lower or buy a post ban version .

The closest thing to a M4 was colts Tacticle carbine which only if i remember correctly 149 were produced in time to make it to the civilian market . these were so rare they were selling for $4000-5000

Then in 2004 George Bush allowed it to sunset ending the ban and opening the doors to so many new companies like Magpul, BCM, Stag and so many others . lets face it if collapsable stocks and hi capacity mags were still banned companies like magpul would have never existed .

So during that period a rifle like this would have sold for close to $2000

Although this means very little to most states such as Oregon and Washington at this moment some state still carry this ban and can only own a preban rifle if they want the so called evil features and they pay a premium for them.

So what this has caused most of the older colts such as this as well as other preban era rifle have been and still being sold to those in the ban states so most of those rifles are in those states. Its not too often to see a preban posted here. And like the Law enforcement only marked rifles and magazines are just a part of "assault weapon" prohibition history.

Last Edited:
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.