JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have an old LWRCi M6 A3 (piston), a couple of piston POF AR10s, Di Bushmaster , 11 1/2" Spikes Pistol and 10 1/2" DD pistol.

Had a Raptor charging handle, changed it back to a more effective, ( in my uppers), PR gasbuster. I've now started doing the silicone sealant mod at the back of my charging handles on the DI guns.
AR's built as pistons, with one piece, anti tilt bolts and roller cams, pretty much negate issues with carrier tilt. I don't know how good current conversions are. Yes some parts are proprietary, so stick with a known player and buy a couple extra op-rods and springs-
The recoil impulse on the LWRC is different, but it's hardly savage- just different. Adjust the gas if you need to, I've never bothered when running either suppressed or not, it's been a non issue as far as wear. Several thousand rounds and it's not beaten itself to death or started showing odd wear. Maybe an advantage of a factory built piston over a kit....

The DI guns shoot fine suppressed, none of them have adjustable gas systems. They do get much filthier inside, but with the Gas Buster handles and a dab of sealant, gas face is a non issue.

As far as cleaning after shooting, I'm a terrible example:- bolt out and wiped with an oily rag and an oilier bore snake down the barrel a couple times, make sure nothing is binding then back together. Generally the pistons are cleaner, but then their BCG's also have fancy coatings that stop gunk from sticking.

Before rolling the dice on a piston kit, try a new charging handle and some silicone, ( youtube is your friend).
Shooting the piston AR's, suppressed or not, isn't a whole different, magical experience...

Long stroke.

EASY.

1587164303195590555108148516522.jpg

I have a piston LWRC and PWS, they run very clean compared to my DI LWRC and PWS and they are pretty light in overall weight. Where they really shine is shooting suppressed as the DI rifles are filthy after 5 rounds excessively dirty. It's true you can add adjustable gas blocks to a DI for shooting supressed but the main difference is how filthy the DI gets. The piston system keeps them AK clean, which for a person like me it's great because I don't clean as much as I should. Choosing between both DI and Piston it would be piston all day without a thought. Your opinion may differ.

If you don't like "Suppressor Face", get a Radian charging handle that's specifically made for suppressors.

I've tried them both with 223 and 308, almost no blow back whatsoever.

So, thats what I chose. Thanks! (That was, and was not sarcasm at the same time. ;)) This damn rifle is getting expensive. So far, its a Spikes lower, Aero upper, 18" Odin Works 223 wylde barrel, Raptor charging handle, ELF drop in 3 gun trigger.....I haven't even gotten into the BCG or any of the lower parts yet, -the trigger. Still deciding on all other parts. I know what but would love some opinions.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top