JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Finally got a chance to shoot my new Bushmaster M4A3 AR-15 today and although it's a right handed model and I shoot left handed, everything was ok except ONE thing. The problem I ran into is that the safety switch, in 'fire' mode rubs the side of my pointer finger to the point where it'll eventually become a blister.

I see on bushmaster's site that they offer an ambidextrous safety switch (and truthfully I'm not set on any brand) but the problem is that it still has the right handed switch...so it will still rub. Does anyone make JUST a left handed safety switch that I can swap out?

Matt

I plan on installing and ambi safety on mine in a few weeks but first will grind down the other side with the dremmel and a little polish of the edge. I haven't been able to find one for a lefty only.

Thats my fix.

If you you use a high grip, like a pistol, this does happen. I've noticed it on several rifles that have ambi safeties.

Two corrections:

1) Change your grip, or

2) Shorten the tab on the safety. From what I was seeing, cutting it down by just 1/8" would solve the problem.

Just called stag arms -- their LEFT ONLY safety selector will directly swap into any ar-15...just ordered one :)

<broken link removed>

Enjoy!

shoot dude you should have started a group buy :D i would have bought one just to have one . never had any issues with the ambi switches but hey got a lefty upper might as well all the way ya know:s0155:

Got the Lefty Switch. Installed....ANDDDD --- the detent doesn't click into the holes of the new switch from STAG. They think for some reason, that I may need a new detent and spring so they sent that out. I will let you know if that solves the problem. But until then, the safe/fire selector gets tough for a second but will fully rotate 360 with slightly more than average pressure.

New detent and springs installed....still not sitting properly. SO, Stag is now sending a second selector switch.

I will say Stag is EXTREMELY easy to work with on the phone. I called and said "it's not fitting properly, the switch is able to roll all the way around" and they said "what's your address we are going to send you a new one..." Insane customer service, I just want my selector to work!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top