JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have built and bought many AR's but i am completely stumped with these times.
$500 for a lower $600 for upper minus BCG $350 for BCG... WTF..
$2000 Del-ton sport....

Can we just go back to hobbiest prices again for a few days...
What's your personal opinions?
buy VS build.

Yeah i am not going to pay anything over a couple bucks retail (Almost impossible) i have seen a few decent deals pop up locally but they sell instantly.. Seems everybody is watching for the deal..
I found a rifle in a normal price range but it's not what i want. 20 inch A2 upper and A2 stock, but thinking about buying it and trading the parts for what i want...

This is an interesting option:

<broken link removed>

Out of stock but they are restocking and selling at those prices. I personally don't have the metalworking ability to turn an 80% finished lower into a fully finished lower, nor is it clear to me exactly what's required.

Option C for me.

Wait until things catch up, find other things I want now or just save my cash to buy the best AR15(Daniel Defense) I can when they're available.

I am building an AR right now and I spent probably 3 weeks trying to find a VLTOR MUR-1a. They are being sold on gun broker by shops for double and triple the retail and listed as out of stock on their actual storefronts. AR15.com's equip exchange has some outrageous prices and they are still selling, which shocks me. I've been just keeping on the look out for [arts and waiting patiently and stuff is slowly trickling in. I think it comes down to luck at this point. I am still like 60 days out on my lower from AXTS so I'm not really in a rush. I'd say just keep looking and be patient and you can still get good deals. Set yourself a goal of not spending more than at most MSRP and stick to it.

Tits, check out the McMillan M2A stock. It's what we were using for our DMR M14s in the Corps before they switched to EBRs a few years ago. They were great stocks, didn't weigh a ton, the pistol grip and adjustable check piece were nice.

I sold my 7.62X39 pistol because I couldn't find mags or they were expensive and my 6.8 for the same reason.
Although I'm not a huge AR fan. I mean I have had them and have 1 now,but they just don't do that much for me.

I was just talking to some friends today about lever guns and bolt guns.
I was in the gun store and said I think I'll pick up a few of each since that may be all that is legal soon,and a guy looked like he would cry
"Don't say that!"

Heck with the cost of ammo bolt and lever guns are becoming as much fun,when every trigger pull is a dollar.

I was telling my wife today, "well maybe while everybody is in the rifle section i can score myself a nice HK USP, or something nice" and there really is some truth to that. I have a 'couple' :s0131: toys to keep me busy.. But with my tax refund in hand i can't help but be glued to the computer.

Wait it out. Hopefully there will be no ban. But if you feel like there will be and you do not want to get stuck without an ar15, just buy a stripped lower. You can find them for $300 right now.

Like everybody else is saying, wait it out. Take the time to a. figure out exactly what you want to build, and b. call your elected officials.

Eventually - and with work on our end - no gun or magazine ban will pass, prices will stabilize, and a lot of the panic buyers will unload their product onto the market.

There are plenty of places that aren't trying to fist people during this BS. If you are a little patient I would setup notifications for uppers at Bravo Company Machining and Rainier Arms. They have good prices and fast shipping. Rainier had a DD v7 complete upper a couple of days ago and BCM gets very nice complete uppers all of the time. Lowers from Aero at $200 is a little steep, but they have stock every 1-2 weeks. Deals are out there, whether or not you want to wait is up to you. No ban is going to happen on guns so waiting could save you a little coin...magazines are iffy at this point though, IMO.

Personal Opinion:

If I had to buy an AR right now, I'd go for an already built rifle. In my current price watching I've seen complete rifles sell for $200-500 less than all the parts for a comparable build. That's for brand new rifles/parts mostly on gunbroker, including s&h.

If I was looking to acquire parts over a few months, and was crafty with my trades and snipes... I could probably build one for about even cost to a complete rifle, maybe slightly under. The problem is getting inexpensive ammo and mags after you build the damn thing. :s0114:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top