Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

AR-10 build

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by gunfreak, Mar 11, 2015.

1. gunfreak

gunfreak Boise Well-Known Member

If I start with a DPMS AR-10 lower will it match up with a Palmetto State upper?

2. gunfreak

I got my question answered.

3. B5Ben

B5Ben Boise Well-Known Member

Sure will. I just ordered a PSA upper and lower separately and worked as great as expected. PSA does have a disclaimer that their 308 stuff is only guaranteed to work with their 308 stuff, but from what I understand its based off the DPMS platform and would not expect any issues with upper to lower fit/function.

4. gunfreak

copy

5. Lance Jacobs

Lance Jacobs South Willamette Valley Oregon Well-Known Member

The Palmetto State disclaimer is only about using non-Palmetto Parts inside their lowers and uppers. It is not about the compatibility that the uppers and lowers have with uppers and lowers from other companies.

I would agree with B5Ben that this combo would be safe for you to pursue putting together.

The DPMS lowers have some shortcomings, so you may want to replace some parts of it. The stock can be replaced with any AR-15 stock that uses a commercial tube. I put a nice Magpul stock on my DPMS AR-10 lower. The Pistol grip can be easily replaced with any AR-15 compatible grip. And there are lots of great trigger kits that are compatible. I installed a Wilson Combat two stage Model M2 4 lb Tactical trigger in mine.

The standard, plain trigger pull on the DPMS lower is rather heavy and rough. Not the best trigger for precision shooting.