Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Anything near Lincoln City

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by taylor, Apr 11, 2012.

1. taylor

taylor Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

I'm planning on moving in a couple months and would like any info on shooting(ranges, clubs, land, secret spots etc..) in the Lincoln county area. Thanks, Mike

2. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

Mike, Big timber shooting range and club on the Siletz. When you get down in that area, send me a PM and we'll talk about good shooting areas. I aint posting my "secret spots" Welcome to the coast Mike. John.

3. dustoffmedic

dustoffmedic Willsonville Member

I am also moveing back the depoe bay.. cant wait to go to the hills shooting..wanna join me

4. taylor

taylor Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

Sounds good, I just bought an old house in LC, its gonna take awhile to make it livable, Its nice to know I got you guys to get some pointers once I move in.

5. salmonriverjohn

SHOOT YES! And welcome back to the real world. I would rather cook and eat the butt out of a road killed skunk than live in the Portland area. I tried living there for awhile while doing line work and almost lost myself.

6. nny420

nny420 oregon central coast New Member

Im up for a nice target shoot with others if anyones interested. Where is the big timber range? Never herd of it.

7. salmonriverjohn

8. WarpedWheel

WarpedWheel Newport, OR Member

Big Timber is great. I usually head up there at least a few Sundays every month.

9. Gaucho Gringo

Gaucho Gringo Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I remember in the early 1960's when you could still go duck hunting on Devil's Lake. It was ok until someone shot one of the big white swans that made the lake their home. Then they banned discharging any kind of firearm on the lake. It was a shame because the swans were so tame and people all around the lake would feed them. I used to go shooting up Schooner Creek road in the mountains. Used to see deer, elk, beaver and once in a great while bear tracks up in that area. Of course in those days I would camp out overnight on the sand spit in Siletz Bay. I would go by boat and have a great time fishing and crabbing in the bay with one of my buddies. Almost like a Huck Finn experience. Those days are gone and the spit is now covered with Salishan developed houses.