JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've owned both, and used both for conealed carry. I've also spent some time at the Clackamas Sheriffs Office range shooting with both.

Overall: Both conceal very well. I frequently carried both in my pocket around gun-averse people in my life. Infact, I pocket carried for six months and my room-mates never knew until a discussion about the LC9 came up over dinner, and I presented them my freshly unloaded LC9 for their review. The gun averse room-mates were astonished that I'd had a gun on me for so long and they hadn't known it. Both... shoot like crap. They kick, they have long trigger pulls, short sight length... they're definitely purpose built for an emergency situation.

I did find myself able to shoot the Keltec PF9 significantly better than the LC9, as it has a slightly shorter trigger pull. This was without the pinky extension, while the LC9 had the pinky extension. My girlfriend prefers the PF9 as it conceals in her bra excellently, but she was also blessed with big jugs. She could hide a glock 27 if need be, lucky me (joke)!

Having owned both though, and despite previous points of PF9 superiority... I'd still have to go with the LC9. The LC9 fired more varieties of ammo with better consistency. While the atrociously long trigger pull was bothersome, I'd rather deal with a long trigger pull than a FTE or FTF in an emergency. The LC9 is also of a significantly higher quality construction, and better materials. It does weigh a bit more, but it'd be like complaining about the weight of American Spirits vs Cheap Marlboro cigarattes. The weight is hardly noticeable to all but the most dainty of individuals.

In the end though, I wound up with a Glock 27. It pocket carries without much difficulty on me (good sized guy though with pocket holster), it holds more rounds (10+1) of a punchier caliber (.40S+W), the trigger pull is vastly superior, and with it I can shoot 3" groupings at 15 yards where while I wasn't even remotely consistently even close to that with the PF9 or LC9.

I do want to research a lighter weight firearm to carry about, but honestly I don't feel the LC9 or PF9 fit the bill for me. Their ability to handle a wide variety of situations in my hands is simply not adequate. I'll be checking out the Shield soon to see if it fits the bill better.

I sent my LC9 into Ruger a total of 3 times for failure to extract & the first time was also for failure to fire (it was having both) - It was never reliable. On the 3rd time Ruger decided to replace it & i then sold it unfired NIB. Ruger is replacing every single firing pin & spring for LC9's that come in. Even if it'd just been replaced by them the last time it was there. (hint, hint)

My position is obvious, there's no way the PF9 is worse. Also, like everyone else said, the trigger is crap. And no one seems to mention the lockup of the trigger that occurs when you try to short stroke it. The amount of travel to reset is bullbubblegum. video

I've been carrying an sr9c for a while now & haven't looked back. I'd like to consider the S&W shield but its $550+. Consider a Glock 26 or sr9c instead of either.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top