Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Anyone here play fantasy football?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Joe Link, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I've been thinking of playing for a couple years now. While I love watching, my actual knowledge of the game and players isn't nearly good enough to compete in a league. This year I came to the conclusion that the best way to learn is to have some sort of vested interest. I joined an existing league with friends, and I actually put together another league with friends around St. Johns. Both are 10 team leagues, both standard format, one is a dynasty league. I can't wait for the St. Johns league since we're all no more than 10 minutes away from each other, but I don't know the first thing about being a commissioner (aside from what I've read). Had our draft last Sunday, which went great, though I'm sure I made some draft mistakes. Ah well, live and learn!

Here's my team:

Matthew Stafford, Det QB
    Jamaal Charles, KC RB
    David Wilson, NYG RB
    Calvin Johnson, Det WR
    Demaryius Thomas, Den WR
    Kyle Rudolph, Min TE
    Lamar Miller, Mia RB
    Bengals D/ST D/ST
    Steven Hauschka, Sea K

Bench:
    Danny Amendola, NE WR
    Giovani Bernard, Cin RB
    Steve Johnson, Buf WR
    Ben Tate, Hou RB
    Kenny Britt, Ten WR
    Brandon Myers, NYG TE
    Andy Dalton, Cin QB

We're having our draft for the dynasty league this Sunday. I took over for a buddy of mine who had an awesome team. Here's who I'm keeping:

Brees
    Spiller
    Graham
    Charles

2. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

3. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

I dont know anything about football, but I DO watch The League, so... I feel that I'm qualified to answer any and all questions.

Call me El Cunado
    tumblr_m3646aEtEm1qa9yvvo1_500.gif

BDA.45 and (deleted member) like this.