JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well I don't know if anyone else suffers this curse but my reloading area gets dusty as all get up! I am much too cheap to pay $20 bucks or so for an RCBS branded soft cover to protect my scale from dust so I came up with my $3-$4 solution which appeals to me much more than a soft cover. Unlike a soft cover this will not snag the pan or the beam and send my scale reeling across the bench when I go to unveil it.

A-IMG-1077.jpg

A-IMG-1079.jpg

I'm also concerned about dust and debris getting into my wonderful Hornady trickler when it is sitting idly on my workshop bench. I've found a cap from a can of "One Shot" case lube spray fits the top perfectly to keep any crud out until it's time to get busy with it. I also have a really awesome Franford Arsenal hand trickler that I keep for back up should my Hornady take a poop on me. I found a cap off of one of the wife's hair product containers that fit it perfectly (she's still wondering where the cap went). No need to blow money on some fancy shmancy dust cover with a brand name on it when you can find things in the house that are destined for the trash eventually anyway.

NO DUST CAP
A-IMG-1081.jpg

WITH DUST CAP
A-IMG-1082.jpg

Scales are a precision instrument and should be accorded some care. My cousin who is a carpenter made a wooden case for his RCBS beam scale. I've had the same kind of scale for over 30 years. As someone else said, I too store mine in the original box. But it sees less use now since I bought one of the cheapy digital scales.

Hmm, I just keep a clean, soft, pink shop rag draped over my 5-0-5. Now the rest of the bench? Thought about draping a sheet over the whole thing. ;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top