JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I personally don't cast bullets myself but I want to buy some heavy (430grains or heavier). If someone here casts and can make such bullets, I'd love to buy some. The more, the better.
I also have bullets to trade, jacketed or lead for 38/357, .429 (44mag) and for 44-40
Thanks in advance
Max

Last Edited:
Think I've got some 425/500 left from my days of enchantment with the Holy Black....

Unsure, partial boxes of cast lead under some other debris I've left untended too long.

Will get back to later this PM.

Think I've got some 425/500 left from my days of enchantment with the Holy Black....

Unsure, partial boxes of cast lead under some other debris I've left untended too long.

Will get back to later this PM.
That would be nice! Tell me what you want for them and where you are located and maybe we can meet somewhere? Thanks in advance
Max

I'm in CA but I don't mind shipping.

If you want them clean .50 each, or sized and lubed for .60 ea. [ + shipping]
I have some on hand in a hard alloy and could easily cast some up in soft lead.
And I could send you a handful of each to test.

What are you shooting them from? and how fast? DR

I'm in CA but I don't mind shipping.

If you want them clean .50 each, or sized and lubed for .60 ea. [ + shipping]
I haveeeew my qq some on hand in a hard alloy and could easily cast some up in soft lead.
And I could send you a handful of each to test.

What are you shooting them from? and how fast? DR
I would like to have them ready for loading, so sized and lubed. Even though I push them at roughly 1,700fps, I'd still prefer them cast from hard alloy. I shoot them from a H&R single shot 45-70 topped with a 2.5X Leupold, 22" barrel. I currently have about 200 bullets left, they are 405gr. (.459) company is called, Lasercast. Would asking for 250 pieces be possible for you?

I can do that. If you say yes, I'll cast them tomorrow, and have them lubed, sized, and ready to ship Wed or Thurs. DR
Let me see first with a local individual who casts bullets here too. I would prefer the slightly heavier weight and it seems like he has that but I want to see what his price is. I'll get back to you later once I find out. Thanks in advance

We have some all copper 45-70 bullets. They are from Fort Scott Munitions in Kansas. I can't remember the grain weight but I can get you the specific details in the AM. They are all copper, CNC, machined and contain no lead. They tumble upon impact and retain 85-90% mass upon impact.

Mike (Manager)

Last Edited:
I think copper bullets would be of lighter weight and I'm looking for a bullet on the heavier end. I also think that the hard cast lead will be at a more affordable price.

I think copper bullets would be of lighter weight and I'm looking for a bullet on the heavier end. I also think that the hard cast lead will be at a more affordable price.

I do not want to stop you from having a great time shooting but did want to mention, reloading or casting is never going to save us any money. If you want accuracy and like to shoot, learning the in's and outs of boolit casting is worth the expense and effort as far as I am concerned. Basically you are custom fitting the projectile to the bore of each firearm you cast for, some work out like magic wile others just won't shoot straight.
For just one instance, if you look into the .44 Special or the .44 mag. I have seen cylinder chambers vary in size as much as .429 -.431 in six guns and that would mean a .432 custom made sizer die might be in order, standard dies stop at .431, don't you know I would find the one out of a thousand or so with a loose chamber.
Projectiles should have a nice tight fit to the bore. I like a lead bullet to be .001 more than my bore diameter. So if you clean the rifle and slug the bore you will have a better Idea what the rifle will like best. It goes on and on from there but that is a good place to start. Lyman and several others have gotten wealthy just printing books on the subject. Keep an eye on the pressure CUPs - SAAMI / Copper units of pressure. Old guns and leaver guns have lower pressure limits.
Have fun, Go shoot them up.
Silver Hand

I know I'm late to the game but I do have a lyman 457406 mold
458 diameter, 475 grain GC bullet for 45 caliber rifles, esp. 45-70 and 458 Winchester.

I know I'm late to the game but I do have a lyman 457406 mold
458 diameter, 475 grain GC bullet for 45 caliber rifles, esp. 45-70 and 458 Winchester.
Better late than never. I am interested. Are you offering to sell your mold or do you cast and can help me with casting out, sizing and lubing some bullets? By the way, I also have a Lyman 500gr. mold and looking for someone who can make me some hardcast projectiles.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.