JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking to have my 1911 plated, especially interested in the black chrome finishes. So far I've only found places online back east that do refinishing like that. Has anybody had experience with anybody in Oregon or Wash?

Thanks!

Looking to have my 1911 plated, especially interested in the black chrome finishes. So far I've only found places online back east that do refinishing like that. Has anybody had experience with anybody in Oregon or Wash?

Thanks!
Call out to the Gun Broker in Clackamas and ask them. I think I heard them discussing a guy in Vancouver that does refinishing.

There was a place I used to use in Clackamus 30 years ago it was called Surgical Plating or Surgical Metal Treatment something like that.
I did high quality hand polishing work (no power tools) on old Colts and S&W's as well as some shotguns and classic Rugers to remove tool marks and polish interior parts prior to blueing or plating. I used to work with a regionaly recognized engraver to duplicate old Browning Style engraving and plated finishes.

Steely Dan, one of my all time favorites... nice choice for a name, I think I'll change mine to Pretzel Logic. Any how, to the subject at hand... I have a Ruger SR9 that was originally stainless steel, I wanted the black slide but no one had one, sssooooo... I found this company in Newberg called Hydro Graphics: http://www.hydrographicsinc.com/hgi/ They used a baked ceramic, cerakote finish in satin black. They did a great job, local so no shipping, cost: $85, but for me, worth every penny as it's a harder, more resistant finish than Ruger uses. Check out the pic's...

-Michael
www.michaelhacker.com

I always use South Ridge Arms, for my 1911 refinishing. Dave is a supporting vendor here. You can click on his link at the banner. He has my Clackamas Kimber right now doing a parkerizing, with OD green and Black gunkote over it. Also does great parkerizing if you want a GI finish. Hot bluing for classic finish. If you have to have your 1911 plated with metal, he does nickel plating too.

<broken link removed>

Maybe try Pacific Northwest Plating, in Vancouver. They did a pair of Glock slides for me, in nickel chrome. They seem to know their stuff.

I always use South Ridge Arms, for my 1911 refinishing. Dave is a supporting vendor here. You can click on his link at the banner. He has my Clackamas Kimber right now doing a parkerizing, with OD green and Black gunkote over it. Also does great parkerizing if you want a GI finish. Hot bluing for classic finish. If you have to have your 1911 plated with metal, he does nickel plating too.

<broken link removed>

for some reason this link doesnt work at the moment, but i'm really interested in parkerizing my ar barrel. do you think you can send a link to me with his name or his forum info so i can get hold of that guy to see if he can help me?
please?

thank you!

I had my 1911 refinished by Mike at Custom Firearm Stands (see link at top of page). His business is now called Columbia Firearms Services.

He did a Cerakote finish on the slide and beavertail safety, and it came out awesome. Cerakote will last longer than the original bluing, and can be done right on top of the bluing.

Mike really knows his stuff, and I cannot recommend him enough.

Here is Mike's info:

Mike Dehnke
Columbia Firearm Services, LLC
Email: [email protected]
Web: Custom Firearm Stands, Inc.
Tel: 503.819.6166

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Capitalism is BO$$!!!!

Les Jonsson at Clark County Gunsmithing duracoated my Remington 870. Lightening fast turn around time once he had the correct color, did a great job too! I'm sure he refinishes with other mediums.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top