JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just wondering if any of you guys are into diesel pickups?

I have a 98 Dodge with a 12 valve and the following done -

Pump tuned with 4K springs
DFI "special" injectors
HE351 turbo
New head
ARP head studs
AFE intake
4" exhaust
KDP fix
PDI 3 piece manifold
Turbo Smart BOV
Built tranny and T case
Leveling kit
Reunel bumper w/Warn M12000
And quite a few other things

Dynoed at 355HP/855TQ before the head, manifold, and studs, pushing about 49psi of boost now.
image.jpg

I had a friend with a turbo diesel ford ecursion. He used biodiesel and had it super chipped.
I thought it was a little too much, until he showed me it got like 44 mpg and it went sideways burning the tires going through a turn.
I was impressed.

The wife & I bought a 2001 F~350, back in 2001. We still love it. About 3 months ago we finally installed a programmer in it. A few days later took the 9yr old granddaughter out on the town, with ole' time Papa, and Grandma. We did some major Rollin' coal. :D yes, on people, and vehicles. :D:D. Received a call from granddaughters mom...:eek: " Dad, really she asked." I simply played stupid. But we all three had fun......probably not the best thing to teach my granddaughter. But what the hell. She was laughing the hardest.....that's how we ROLLLLLL! Oh, yeah love those diesels.

We've had diesel Mercedes-Benz sedan and station wagons since 1978. We are presently on our tenth successive M-B. We also had a ML320 for a while but it was proven to be too expensive to run, even as a diesel, with annual car tax of about $900.

The E280 my wife drives around, mainly as a transport for our wheelchair-user daughter, does around 45mpg on a run. Please note, however, that diesel fuel is around 10% more expensive here in UK, unlike most everywhere else in Europe. More UTD versions of our car do as much as 60mpg, thanks to 'blue' economy system, but are as yet out of our price-range used.

tac
tac

I had a diesel Rabbit years ago. Think it had a whopping 40 hp or so. I remember huge motorhomes would wiz by me going up long hills. When I'd start it up after skiing people would think my car was on fire . It would smoke like heck till it warmed up.

I've got an 08 F350 6.4 PSD with twin turbos!!!!!
I've been told that if I sink $3-4 grand into it I could see 25+ MPG out of it, destroy $400 tires and be proud to "ROLL COAL"....... but I'm not... can't afford it.:(

I have to call BS on 44 MPG Excursion!!!!:eek:

Last Edited:
Here in poverty-stricken Yoorup most of us buy diesels for the economy of running them. Filling up your Dodge Ram once a week at almost $175 a pop makes you lose the will to live pretty quickly.

tac

PS - my Porsche Boxster sure ain't no diesel...... ;)

• Here's mine. The headlights and wheels and tires have been changed. Headlights are now retroshop hids and wheels are 17x10 black xd's and tires are 37 x 13.50 r 17 toyo open country mt's

2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab short bed

5.9 Cummins

stock turbo with boost fooler making 45psi

Intake:K&N to a glacier performance Powerflow intake manifold and Airboss cr Intake plenum with grid heater delete

Exhaust: 5" straight (no muffler)to dual outlet with 6" rolled tips
    Fuel System: fass 150

6-speed manual south bend single disc

Suspension: 6" Fabtech with dual shocks front and remote reservoir fabtech shocks all corners

Other:Road armor front bumper
    Rear bumper add on hoop(keeps my knees from hitting the hitch

Interior –
    Audio upgrades:pioneer speakers
    Creature Comforts: power seats

Miscellaneous:
    hid headlights and foglights and rhino lined lower half, bumpers and bed

0C03C2FD-5C08-4981-9AB6-0E33B4218018-7870-0000194555BEFB25.jpg
    B40F4562-4046-447A-8B96-CEE7627A1B43-7870-000019454CCD9E08.jpg
    B0FA8EB0-0DE8-42CA-B23A-0CFED869375F-7870-0000194E9570CA83.jpg
    64BE0244-E348-455A-A55F-31AE544B5EF3-7870-0000194E8EE799D8.jpg
    442EE33A-22C1-4555-BC1B-4FAB710C1505-7870-0000194E9D6ADA23.jpg

I have a 1999 Cummins with intake,4" exaust,huge air cleaner,boost fooler and Diablo tuner puck. Didn't feel like spending the money for a super tuner that would have me driving faster and getting tickets. It definitely keeps up with traffic.
I am in the process of installing a fuel tank sump pick up and a new lift pump. I looked at the expencive one and finally googled 'cheap fix'. Then bought a Holley blue pump that pumps 110gph ( the cummins needs around 90gph min if stock) instead of the high dollar ($400 min) systems
3 hour fix my a$$. Maybe when I was 25,but not no more.We'll see if it turns out good or not in the AM

Oh and be careful with the tuners that will get you 44mpg,these starve the IP of the fuel they need for cooling and lubrication.
Sometimes they save fuel and cost you a fuel system.
So prior to 594,I sold a pistol to a guy with a huge Dodge 4dr long box.Never understood why someone would spend $60k for a big truck with a short box
Anyway,he goes to Centrailia to buy it.Salesman gives him the run down of what he really just bought.
Previous owner had put new everything on the engine,from pumps to big injectors and tuners.
Guy heads home,getting on the 5 northbound.Older Corvette is kinda i the way to merge on the freeway.
They both stomp on it and the truck goes sideways,smoking them at 50.He lets off and stomps again,pulling away from the vette.
You can make these beasts really get out of their own way .Scares a few seeing the big trucks that fast

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top