Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Anybody in SW Washington Shooting Here?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by vmkeith, Feb 12, 2012.

1. vmkeith

vmkeith Vancouver, Washington, United States Member

Directions to a place to go shooting in SW Washington was posted in another thread. I haven't gone there yet, but I'm wondering if anybody on the forum has done any shooting there. If so, how far past the houses have you gone? Have the people that live in the area complained about anything? The noise? Irresponsible shooters leaving their garbage behind? Anything?

Directions are below:

2. Spray-n-pray

Spray-n-pray Battle Ground Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

I haven't been there, but I feel like I should check it out soon!

3. Peteralexander78

Peteralexander78 vancouver Slow is smooth, smooth is fast

I just go to the pits up at Larch during the week, it isnt so bad as the weekend.

4. KONE KILLER

KONE KILLER WASHOUGAL, WA Active Member

I have a spot up in Washougal I go to. Never really crowded, but yesterday there was 3 people kinda in the same area shooting an ar. When we rolled up I just asked if they minded if we shot in the spot we were at. Didnt mind at all. Only got hairy when the guy walked over with the ar on his back. He was just asking about my Ruger mkiii 22/45 though, no biggy. I had just loaded a clip and put one in the chamber as he started walking over. I just kept it in until he said 'hey is that a Ruger?'. Like I said, no biggy. They looked like decent enough people.

Let me know if you ever want to go up in the hills of Washougal. No 4wd needed, but a pickup or higher ride car is needed.

5. xtratoy

xtratoy Vancouver USA Active Member

Has anyone been checked for a Discover Pass while up on Larch or above Washougal?

6. Peteralexander78

Peteralexander78 vancouver Slow is smooth, smooth is fast

I had one guy, guessing he was a ranger, up on Larch in the pit area. I never heard of the Discover Pass at the time and he let me know some info on it but it was just the one time some one was checking.

7. KONE KILLER

I have not, no. The area I go is technicaly paper mill land I believe....

8. xtratoy

Last year on Labor Day the County Sheriffs were blocking the road at Dougan Falls Bridge and would not let you past that point unless you had a Discover Pass. They turned a lot of people away and if you wanted to get a pass you had to drive back to town to get one.

9. KONE KILLER

Thats why ya gotta know the backroads to the backroads around Dougan Falls ;-)

10. Captin Reload

Captin Reload Washinton New Member

Just get the pass, soon enough you will need it to leave the driveway.

11. xtratoy

If everyone was to bend over and accept it that easily, The next step would be for them to say " Now you can come to the woods but No Shooting Allowed" and the sheeple would say "OK, How else do you want screw us"?