JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Directions to a place to go shooting in SW Washington was posted in another thread. I haven't gone there yet, but I'm wondering if anybody on the forum has done any shooting there. If so, how far past the houses have you gone? Have the people that live in the area complained about anything? The noise? Irresponsible shooters leaving their garbage behind? Anything?

Directions are below:

Anyway, I found a great place to shoot. It's a lot closer than the Larch Mountain gravel pits. I live in La Center, WA and it takes me about 20-30 minutes to get there. Recommended to have 4x4 (especially if it's raining.)

1] From I-5(N), take the Woodland exit, #21
2] Turn right at the exit (Lewis River Rd)
3] Follow Lewis River Rd for a ways until you reach Little Kalama River Road, and turn left there.
4] Continue on Little Kalama River Road until you reach a four-way intersection, turn right at the intersection (Davis Peak Road)
5] Keep going straight and you will see a few houses to the right, continue past the houses and the asphalt road will turn into a dirt road. (NOTE: You'll know you've passed the last house on the road when you see a blue truck, a creepy owl statue, and a hay barn with some cows.)
6] Continue past the last house, and you can pretty much pull off on any of the side roads and shoot wherever you like.

Side note:
The first right turn you'll come to has a yellow gate. Pull off there for longer range (50-200yards).

I have a spot up in Washougal I go to. Never really crowded, but yesterday there was 3 people kinda in the same area shooting an ar. When we rolled up I just asked if they minded if we shot in the spot we were at. Didnt mind at all. Only got hairy when the guy walked over with the ar on his back. He was just asking about my Ruger mkiii 22/45 though, no biggy. I had just loaded a clip and put one in the chamber as he started walking over. I just kept it in until he said 'hey is that a Ruger?'. Like I said, no biggy. They looked like decent enough people.

Let me know if you ever want to go up in the hills of Washougal. No 4wd needed, but a pickup or higher ride car is needed.

Last year on Labor Day the County Sheriffs were blocking the road at Dougan Falls Bridge and would not let you past that point unless you had a Discover Pass. They turned a lot of people away and if you wanted to get a pass you had to drive back to town to get one.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top