JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here's my Galil ARM bulit by Hillbilly firearms on a tort tort receiver via an Apex gun parts kit. highly recommend you snag an ARM kit now while they are cheap (sub $600 which is what I paid for mine).

I know these aren't as popular but hey I just think its neat šŸ˜‚

Here's photos from last years Red Oktober and just some general pictures some buds grabbed.
Red oktober (blank).jpg Bipod blank.jpg red oktober 2 (Blank).jpg Much galil (blank).jpg Galil close 2.1.jpg

Waffled about having Hillbilly build one up, since I have four or so kits/receivers sitting in storage. Then I saw one of the Atlantic Galeo versions at a good price, went that route. Opened up the receiver a bit so it takes stock mags, thing runs like a top.

I have a Century Arms build, before they were garbage. They call it a Golani Galil.

View attachment 1430153 View attachment 1430154 View attachment 1430155
I had one of those - picked it up for $700. It would tear the rim off the cartridge about every 10 shots. I figured it was over-gassed. I should have got one of those adjustable pistons. I read that "Hillbilly" worked on these to make them work, but that he isn't doing that anymore.

The nice thing about the 5.56 Galils is that while the mags are different from other AKs, they are cheap and easy to come by.

Also had mine built by Jeff as well several years ago. Awesome rifle.

I bought a repro steel carry handle retainer and a nicer wood HG, but having some fitment issues so gotta get it looked at.

Also rocking a gen 1 SAR in 7.62x39.

1692723143431.png
1692723167160.png
1692723372707.png

It turns out there are competent Galil builders other than Hillbilly.. here's my Galil ARM build, finished to mimic 1980s IMI models. And it only cost $400 to have built vs $1200 ;)

Tortort receiver with lightening cuts and engravings, surplus CZ contract CHF/CL barrel, early stock, M7 bayonet, repro handguard and repro carry handle assembly.

20231114_181444.jpg 20231114_181423.jpg

Last Edited:
It turns out there are competent Galil builders other than Hillbilly.. here's my Galil ARM build, finished to mimic 1980s IMI models. And it only cost $400 to have built vs $1200 ;)

Tortort receiver with lightening cuts and engravings, surplus CZ contract CHF/CL barrel, early stock, M7 bayonet, repro handguard and repro carry handle assembly.

View attachment 1762477 View attachment 1762478
That's a steal for a build price! Nice handguard. Is that original or a new production?

That's a steal for a build price! Nice handguard. Is that original or a new production?
My original was in great shape but sadly it was irreparably damaged during shipping. I sent the harness to an AKFiles member that makes reproductions and he made me one for a few hundred dollars.

And yeah, I won't disclose who built it publicly but I will say it took a few trips back to the builder to get it where I wanted it. Hillbilly is the best and I'd gladly pay his prices if he was taking current orders. Sadly he's booked in perpetuity it seems.

Jeff at hillbilly do my Sar build. There were a few complications with the serial number engraving, but Jeff did a nice job on the build. I'm not super excited about the gray park finish, but there is always paint....or not. I had custom HG and grip made from purple heart.

16490939215944.jpg 20220508_110502.jpg