JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Extremely reliable. At least mine was. Are every type and brand I fed it. It is as accurate as any pistol caliber can be. It is heavy though. At least the basic model. Not sure about the new chassis ones or ones with rails.

I wasn't aware that they made one in 40 yet, but I'd probably stick with 9mm.

Compared to AR9s. The manual of arms is a bit different. The magazine release isn't accessible via the firing hand like an AR, as is the safety which is a cross bolt like the 10/22.

If you do not have any pistol caliber rifles or "pistols" I'd say this one is an outstanding model to grab.

My 1st gen 9mm PCC shoots nearly 1" groups at 50 yards benchrested.

Very well made, easy to disassemble & clean and very tight barrel lockup on the breakdown. Beautiful bright and shiny barrel bore.

Only one complaint about it so far with regard to using a scope on it I reported about in a previous thread but I don't know if it is necessarily going to affect anything at this time.

It's a favorite with one grandson. I'll admit I'm kind of 'meh' on pistol caliber carbines to begin with. Suppose I could get a little more excited about the idea if semi-auto carbines were readily available in more powerful chamberings and had the slim good looks of a Winchester lever action.

As for the Ruger 9mm that I have ...
Plus: uses Glock mags, easy to clean, reliable
Con: heavy, ugly
Wishes: models for 10mm and .45acp; magazine adapters for other pistol brands, weight loss, more after market accessories 07.jpg

I've owned and shot the original PC-9's and PC-40's. Absolutely great little guns. Almost no recoil, the action remains clean, and even the report is relatively mild.

Enter the new PC Carbine. Similar in concept. I like mine in 9mm just as well as the original, other than a peep site mounted on the barrel and not on the receiver is pretty pointless. Now that the .40 is available, I'll end up with one of those too, as the .40 just makes a bunch more sense, [to me].

I have both a 9mm AR pistol that runs flawlessly and a PC-9 rifle.

The rifle is heavier, larger and more robust. I get better accuracy at 100 and beyond from the rifle.

The pistol is nice, i have a suppressor mounted to it all the time but get nice gas blowback in my face.

Each has its own spot in the horde. Both have motion-on red dots, they are both setup to run Block magazines and will feed and shoot the same ammo reliably. I don't have much issues with either except the trigger guard on the AR where it has a sharp edge. Need to round that off but would require a cerakote of the entire pistol to hide the modification.

The PC9 will run with good handloads a 3/4" group at 50 with red dot when my astigmatism doesn't give me a "comma" for a dot, it will also run groups out to 100y that spread a little more at 3-4" using the same 3 MOA dot. I'm running a full Midwest Industries rail on it so that adds to some weight.

Heavy, yes.

Last Edited:
As has been said, it's a good time and shares mags with nearly any 9mm double stack Glock you may have (not the super small ones though; those mags are too short). It is fairly heavy compared to something like a Sub2000, but shoots smoother and is more comfortable to me. Haven't shot it at any real distance, but it's always hit what I pointed it at and it's always gone bang.

If you want a little variety, Davidson's has some slightly different colorations they offer, if they're in stock.

Even though I enjoy the carbine, I'm probably going to pick up the Charger version down the road. Seems a bit more compact for home defense or packing around if hiking or what not.

I don't think you'll be disappointed in your purchase and it should be an easy sell if you are. Good luck!

It's a favorite with one grandson. I'll admit I'm kind of 'meh' on pistol caliber carbines to begin with. Suppose I could get a little more excited about the idea if semi-auto carbines were readily available in more powerful chamberings and had the slim good looks of a Winchester lever action.

As for the Ruger 9mm that I have ...
Plus: uses Glock mags, easy to clean, reliable
Con: heavy, ugly
Wishes: models for 10mm and .45acp; magazine adapters for other pistol brands, weight loss, more after market accessoriesView attachment 718937

They're (the gun in question) not only ugly.... They're PHUGGIN' UGLY!

I had one of the older PC4's. It would shoot jacketed bullets properly. But it wouldn't feed and shoot cast bullets reliably. So I sent it back to the Ruger factory and they tuned it for cast bullets, no issues. I also had the original rear sight replaced with a ghost ring type. It was a nice little fool-around gun. But for my money, pistol cartridges are for pistols, rifle cartridges are for rifles and I kinda follow that practice. Same reason I've never kept the M1 Carbines that I've owned.

At the time I had the PC4, I also had one of Ruger's clunky P series pistols in .40 cal, I think it was a P94 and the magazines interchanged between the two guns which I liked. If there was anything to like about the P94, that was it.

The PC designation, wasn't that originally intended to stand for, "Police Carbine?" I don't know if many departments actually used them but the .40 cal. (and 9mm) would've been interchangeable with their pistol ammo in many cases. In this context, they were kinda like the older Winchester auto loaders, I don't remember the goofy calibers but the ones used by prison guards, etc. Never popular as sporting arms.

Bought mine shortly after they came out and love. Had worked great out of the box and accurate. Runs all of my loads including my powder puff practice stuff. I run it with Glock and KCI 33 round mags (had to replace the springs in those with Wolff ones, but that was a mag issue, not a gun issue).

If I were to do it all again I would have loved to have gotten either the pistol (charger?) version or the carbine with the adjustable stock.

I run one also in speed events. Added the mcarbo buffer kit and their trigger spring pack with great results. I also tend to run 40 and 57 round mags and I found it best to load mags into the well with an open bolt when the mags are full. I have bent the ejector on the top of the glock mag converter which may cause the occasional stove pipe. After figuring that out, no issues for me but then I tend to not need to change mags mid stage. If a mag change is required, not a full to the brim mag.
Other than that, she just runs!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR