Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Any open ranges near Troutdale?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by chatman55, Aug 28, 2011.

1. chatman55

chatman55 Portland New Member

I've lived in this area for years and I still only end up shooting when I visit The Dalles which they actually got rid of the range there so now I have to drive even further to shoot to a random range that I'm not entirely sure is a legal shooting area haha. So back to the point at hand. If there are any ranges near Troutdale that don't require memberships that anyone knows about I'd love to hear about them.

2. thewhitebuffalo83

thewhitebuffalo83 Gresham/Boring Well-Known Member

douglas ridge rifle club in Estacada. not super close but its closer to you than the dalles

3. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

Outside of events, they require a membership or for you to be a guest of a member.

4. Chromaflage

Chromaflage Oregon Member

Douglas Ridge or Estacada gun club have hunter's sight in - $5/gun I think. But if you want to shoot there regularly, you better be ready to break out the check book.

5. wolfcreed

wolfcreed East County - Gresham Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

If you don't mind a 30 min drive there is a range just over the bridge of the gods on the Washington side that is free. You can also try the English Pit
    Clark County Gun Club, Inc. at English Pit. There are rules and a $15.00 day use fee, but they have target stands, covered benches etc.

6. chatman55

chatman55 Portland New Member

I did discover the English Pit while searching the other day, I'm definetly going to be checking them out as they also rent guns.

7. wolfcreed

wolfcreed East County - Gresham Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

8. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

There are a number of publicly visited ranges, out in the woods of course, near you. The Stevenson 'range' is one, Memaloose road pit/s, English Pit, or any BLM land you care to stop in at.

One thing about English Pit that I just read;

NOT ALLOWED
    AK-47, SKS & AR-15 Pistols
    Shooters who have attempted shooting these on our rifle ranges have shown a very poor percentage of hitting the centerfire rifle berms much less their targets. The amount of noise these rifle cartridges creates causes too many problems for other shooters on the pistol range.
    These issues have caused them to not be allowed to be shot on any range at English Pit.

Not fullsized AKs, just the Dracos.

9. ThemGunsThough

ThemGunsThough RIP City! Well-Known Member

There's a spot (that I have not been to yet) that is just past Estacada. Anyone else know what i'm talking about? You pass a bridge and just keep going up and around a mountain. There will be signs where it says "no shooting so and so miles beyond this point" and then when you get past those points, you are free to shoot in those areas.

10. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I'm believe you're talking about Memaloose Road. There's a popular pit right after the the no shooting area ends.