JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've lived in this area for years and I still only end up shooting when I visit The Dalles which they actually got rid of the range there so now I have to drive even further to shoot to a random range that I'm not entirely sure is a legal shooting area haha. So back to the point at hand. If there are any ranges near Troutdale that don't require memberships that anyone knows about I'd love to hear about them.

Douglas Ridge or Estacada gun club have hunter's sight in - $5/gun I think. But if you want to shoot there regularly, you better be ready to break out the check book.

There are a number of publicly visited ranges, out in the woods of course, near you. The Stevenson 'range' is one, Memaloose road pit/s, English Pit, or any BLM land you care to stop in at.

One thing about English Pit that I just read;

NOT ALLOWED
AK-47, SKS & AR-15 Pistols
Shooters who have attempted shooting these on our rifle ranges have shown a very poor percentage of hitting the centerfire rifle berms much less their targets. The amount of noise these rifle cartridges creates causes too many problems for other shooters on the pistol range.
These issues have caused them to not be allowed to be shot on any range at English Pit.

Not fullsized AKs, just the Dracos.

There's a spot (that I have not been to yet) that is just past Estacada. Anyone else know what i'm talking about? You pass a bridge and just keep going up and around a mountain. There will be signs where it says "no shooting so and so miles beyond this point" and then when you get past those points, you are free to shoot in those areas.

There's a spot (that I have not been to yet) that is just past Estacada. Anyone else know what i'm talking about? You pass a bridge and just keep going up and around a mountain. There will be signs where it says "no shooting so and so miles beyond this point" and then when you get past those points, you are free to shoot in those areas.

I'm believe you're talking about Memaloose Road. There's a popular pit right after the the no shooting area ends.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top