Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Any local stores sell shooting gloves ?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by STANGBOYTOM, Nov 29, 2014.

1. STANGBOYTOM

STANGBOYTOM WA STATE Member

Anyone know of anywhere local in the vancouver portland area selling shooting gloves ? I can't find any suitable for pistol shooting at the hardware store and I'm worried about buying the wrong size on line.

2. tacticalgunner

tacticalgunner Wilsonville The Man, The Myth, The Legend Bronze Supporter

3. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I use Beretta half fingered gloves. I was troubled by the thought of getting the wrong size online also until I read the Amazon reviews on those Beretta gloves. They run real small, so by ordering a size larger I actually received a perfect fit. I know that I wanted those particular gloves and searched high and low locally.

I did find a few shooting gloves at NW Armory. Sorry, don't remember the brand. Good luck!

4. Gunguy45

Gunguy45 Well-Known Member

I prefer (please don't laugh) Isotoners. Easily available, cheap and do the job. (If you don't have really big hands).

5. Babyshark

Babyshark Tacoma Member

I just picked up some mechanix gloves at auto zone for 16 dollars, they work nice. The oakleys look pretty sweet and comfy tho, but 80 dollars is a bit much IMO.

Soj1057 and Caveman Jim like this.
  6. bellarum

bellarum beaverton Well-Known Member

I use my dirt bike riding gloves when its cold out. I'll bet you could use golf gloves, football gloves, any glove in the sporting goods section.

Barefoot African and Babyshark like this.
  7. Ttuck

Ttuck Hillsboro Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I have a pair of leather gloves i use for the cold that i will bring out shooting once in awhile. They fit my small hands perfectly.

8. bolus

bolus Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I got a nice set at Keith's. Just thin leather (no carbon fiber knuckles or other 'combat" stuff) They did not have a big selection, I just happened to find a set that fit perfectly.

9. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

I too have been looking into getting a few pairs of shooting gloves for the range, this is what I did.
    I looked online first just to see what was out there and found that the retailers really thought their gloves were stitched with magical golden threads.....
    I then went looking locally and found some thinner summer gloves from H D, the mechanics type, gray color that got used in between range sessions. The finger tips came apart so I made them into fingerless gloves and they work perfectly.

Now the cold weather gloves proved to be the hardest choice because of the glove thickness and the trigger guard opening. I am contemplating making a Franken pair by combining the trigger finger of a thinner pair & sewing it on...... Will see how it goes this winter..o_O

10. decklin

decklin WA Well-Known Member

Mechanix utility gloves are nice and thin.
    Home Depot sells firm grip gloves for $13.95 that are just about perfect. Fantastic grip.

11. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I go to Andy & Bax for stuff like that.
    The prices aren't bad and their winter wool clothing is reasonably priced.

12. Flopsweat

Flopsweat Slightly right of center Well-Known Member

You would win that bet. I use my winter golf gloves for shooting in the cold. Did that yesterday in fact. I also use Little Hotties had warmers sometimes.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  13. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Went to BiMart, bought neoprene fingerless fishing gloves.
    worked real good all day yesterday at the 3-gun.

14. Schwabdl

Schwabdl Hillsboro Active Member

the oakleys are pretty awesome. the best price is on oakley standard issue site. really easy to sign up if your a vet, active duty