JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Saw this in one of my gun rags. It's been a long time since a handgun has stirred my loins. Sexy gat! A little rich for my blood, but you never know.

1574567881267.png

Oh crap....
1574568019422.png

OOOF.

The Sig Sauer P210 is a pistol that I've admired. I was at a range a few years ago where I'm a member. One of the other members was firing one. I was watching from nearby. When he had finished, he asked me if I wanted a turn. I said yes, and he turned it over to me with a full mag. I'd never fired nor handled one before. My impression was that this was a naturally handling pistol, I pointed and it placed the shots right where I pointed it. The member told me the bad news and that was the price.

The pistol I handled and fired was made in Germany circa 2010? Or thereabouts. The owner of this gun said he'd waited nearly a year for his to come into store inventory. Since then, they stopped production in Germany. Then they introduced the Lengendary Series (I think it's called) made in USA. Which somehow look a bit more Americanized than what I remember from the German-made one. Grips, etc.

Several decades ago, a friend of mine had one of the Swiss original military guns. I don't remember the particular iteration. However, the theme of his collection was, "military semi-automatic pistol from every country." His Sig P210 was one of the most expensive pieces in his collection even at that time. Some countries didn't buy many guns, so he had some rarities. Such as Latvian Luger, Congolese Browning Hi-Power, etc. Pre-fall of the Soviet Union, Makarov was expensive. About the only Maks around had been captured in Vietnam, Israeli wars or Angola.

The P210 was derived from the French 1935A pistol. At one time, I had one of those but it wasn't nearly as nice as the Sig. A bit smaller in the hand. And in a crummy cartridge, .32 French Long. Black enamel finish.

Just picked mine up today. I went with the target model. Going to try and take it for a spin tomorrow.

View attachment 635398

Mind telling me what you paid for it? I see that stainless model is WAY up there. :(

And this...https://www.gunbroker.com/item/845224864
But it doesn't have the target grips like yours.

And I realize gun Broker runs high.

I've got to be in Gresham today. Maybe I'll swing into Kieth's and see what he can get me one o' them bad boys for?

I had a SWISS SIG P210 made in 1980.

Then in 1996 I invested in the P210-6 set of three interchangeable calibres - .22LR, 7.65 Luger and 9mmP.

Three months later Dunblane happened and we lost them all.

When I sold mine back to the dealer [with a handsome profit, I admit] the hanger was still on the case.

I paid $1450, which is about what I see them for everywhere. Not cheap but compared to a Swiss or German 210, relatively affordable. I had to sell a couple of things to afford it but once I held it, I had to have one.

Wifey thinks that with it being a single stack. SINGLE STACK!? It might fit her hand quite nicely. :D

So, now you're all getting me interested. My most expensive pistol to date was just over a grand. Doubling that would be a real hurdle, but dang do I like having nice things in my collection

I've got one of the new 210 Standards and love it!!! It truly lives up to the reputation of the original models and runs like a champ! Even the Wife likes shooting it. Everyone who has shot mine sees their best groups with the 210 :)

I've got one of the new 210 Standards and love it!!! It truly lives up to the reputation of the original models and runs like a champ! Even the Wife likes shooting it. Everyone who has shot mine sees their best groups with the 210 :)

Phew! Thanks for not putting another pic up! I had to turn the magazine over so I wouldn't see it every time I walked by.:rolleyes:

Just got back from the range. All I can say is WOW! This thing can shoot, way better than I can. 8 rounds in one ragged hole when I can get my stuff together.

Can't blame the gun anymore!

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top