Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Another hello from Olympia.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by olydemon, Jan 15, 2011.

1. olydemon

olydemon Olympia Active Member

Hi forum. Found you looking for info on the Capitol forest gravel pit. Looking forward to digging for info and watching new stuff pop up.

About me? I've grown up shooting but only recently got my first firearm. Santa gave me a Bersa Thunder 9uc in my stocking this year and after a few boxes of shells im hooked. Now I just need to find some good places local to go shoot.

2. olyshoots

olyshoots Vancouver USA Member

Welcome to the forum.

3. sigman

sigman Olympia, Wa Member

Welcome to NWFA. I live in Oly too. let me know if you wanna go shoot up in cap Forest, I can show you all the pits.

4. olydemon

olydemon Olympia Active Member

Thanks guys!

Sig- Thanks for the offer. Ive ridden mountain bikes out in the forest for many years so I know some of the forest pretty well (mostly from the peak down to Middle Waddel). Ive been wanting to check out the main triangle pit, but am still a bit apprehensive about just rolling in solo. For years that place has been our beacon to let us know our rides were almost over, once you hear the guns you know your almost to the car. Untill now though, Ive always steered clear of the place.. I hear its gotten a little better as of late? As long as you can put up with the brass scavenger guy....

How often do you go out to the forest? What do you typically shoot? So far I only have a starter 9mm, but I can tell I'll probably have a locker full sooner than later. Believe it or not, I even got a spark of interest from the old lady about wanting to try shooting, I dont think shes ever shot a firearm. Ive been thinking of getting a .22 plinker for her, and eventually my sons when the get older.

5. sigman

sigman Olympia, Wa Member

I have alot of guns. Even a sniper rifle (for sale). I am trying to go out more than 2 times a year. I tend to take about 500-1000 rounds with me each time.

6. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

welcome, I invite you to come out to Bremerton to Kitsap Rifle and Revolver club. Worth the short drive.

7. PinkhamR

PinkhamR Altus, Oklahoma MSgt, USAF (Retired)-FFL Lifetime Supporter

Welcome Oly ..... :)