JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im hoping you fine folks here could help me out. I just got my 870 "tactical" back from Remington and I have a question about the mag tube spring.

The spring in question has always been a bit weak feeling, I forgot to bring this up to Remington, and I noticed that when you take off the screw cap the spring just barely sticks out of the tube.

Is this normal? It doesn't seem to effect performance but I just want to replace it with a Wolff or scattergun tech extra power spring just to be sure.

The 870 model is the one with the fixed 6 shot extended tube kind of like a mossy.

Same here. I've put 1000s of rounds through one of my 2 870s shooting clays. Never had any problems. The other has 6 rounds in the tube at all times. I take it out once and awhile to function test and then it gets cleaned, loaded with buck, then locked in its safe box under the bed. Again no issues with that one either.

I think with the millions (I'm pretty sure there are millions out there but don't quote me on it) 870s out there. The design is solid.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top