JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Anyone ever bought from this site? Does not look like it is tacking on tax at checkout which makes me wonder...

Yeah, it's a screaming deal. I think I will order one. Even after transfer, it's $100 even for a stripped upper and lower of good quality.

Except I'll have to strip and then JB weld/sand the horse head away. It's lame (and I ride horses and I think it's lame!).

Yeah, it's a screaming deal. I think I will order one. Even after transfer, it's $100 even for a stripped upper and lower of good quality.

Except I'll have to strip and then JB weld/sand the horse head away. It's lame (and I ride horses and I think it's lame!).
I always wondered what a talented engraver could do with that pony. Tattoo artists can turn a bad tattoo into something great if they have the talent. I bet an engraver could do the same for the Anderson pony logo.

If you are flush with lowers and only need the upper, they are selling the upper alone for $30 shipped.

I always wondered what a talented engraver could do with that pony. Tattoo artists can turn a bad tattoo into something great if they have the talent. I bet an engraver could do the same for the Anderson pony logo.
I just can't stand that pony. And as I said, I'm a horse guy. I'm ALSO originally from Kentucky (where Anderson is), but I still can't forgive that junk. What I would do is strip the upper (in lye, easy). Then fill it with JB weld or marinetex. This takes a while. You have to let it set a bit, sand, repeat. repeat. repeat. If not done exactingly, the old edges will print-through the new applied coating.

I did this a few years ago making an M16 retro. I had a legit FN M16a2 upper I wanted to make I spent days taking the PSA logo off the lower. The finish on this lower is Brownell's "Dark Parkerizing Grey" which was a PERFECT match for the military finish on the FN M16a2 upper. Came out nicely I think.

IMGP3946.JPG

Oh yeah, I forgot. I went all in on this lower. I took off the right side, too, to make it legit.

unnamed.jpg

IMGP3931.JPG

So Yeah, this is a great deal all things considered but the work to get that lower to look acceptable isn't worth saving $40 to me. That's just my price/taste/etc. curve but I sure wish Anderson would get a more legit lower logo since they otherwise deliver decent quality at a great price.

Last Edited:
If you are flush with lowers and only need the upper, they are selling the upper alone for $30 shipped.

Actually I do need an upper, to replace a slickside on a 300 pistol. But they are out of stock already or I'd order one! :(

They have another very, very good deal. Complete Anderson lowers, with either a normal carbine stock/A2 grip or with an MFT slider and MFT grip. I just ordered one of the latter. $120 shipped. Quantity indicated is indeed real-time as once I ordered it dropped by one instantly.

I'll take off the pony and excess verbiage, and probably slab-side it like the lower above.

Actually I do need an upper, to replace a slickside on a 300 pistol. But they are out of stock already or I'd order one! :(

They have another very, very good deal. Complete Anderson lowers, with either a normal carbine stock/A2 grip or with an MFT slider and MFT grip. I just ordered one of the latter. $120 shipped. Quantity indicated is indeed real-time as once I ordered it dropped by one instantly.

I'll take off the pony and excess verbiage, and probably slab-side it like the lower above.
The MFT lower is a fantastic deal. It appears they lowered the price on the lower upper combo to $60. I keep telling myself I don't need anymore but it's hard to resist.

I'll make it more tempting for you. Buy the combo and I'll buy the upper off you. I'll give you $40 or whatever's fair to mail it to me. Then you get a lower for $30 + your transfer fee.

I have a .300 pistol upper on the way now. That is what this lower is for (I have a pistol tube to swap on and take the MFT off so as to be legal). The upper is slick side - I don't mind not having a forward assist at all, but I do want a dust cover and prefer a deflector (it has neither of those, either). I am going to disassemble it to check the gas port and refinish it anyway, so I prefer to put it back together with an upper with a regular upper or at least one with a door and deflector.

BTW, thanks for starting this thread. I've spent hours looking for a good deal on a stripped lower. This complete unit saved me some money overall and stopped me from wasting more time!

I'll make it more tempting for you. Buy the combo and I'll buy the upper off you. I'll give you $40 or whatever's fair to mail it to me. Then you get a lower for $30 + your transfer fee.

I have a .300 pistol upper on the way now. That is what this lower is for (I have a pistol tube to swap on and take the MFT off so as to be legal). The upper is slick side - I don't mind not having a forward assist at all, but I do want a dust cover and prefer a deflector (it has neither of those, either). I am going to disassemble it to check the gas port and refinish it anyway, so I prefer to put it back together with an upper with a regular upper or at least one with a door and deflector.

BTW, thanks for starting this thread. I've spent hours looking for a good deal on a stripped lower. This complete unit saved me some money overall and stopped me from wasting more time!
Looks like the upper/lower combo deal is no more. I'll keep an eye out for another cheap upper deal.

Well I guess I am saved since they switched it to a lower only..... I was getting weak.

I need more ARs like holes in my head lol

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top