JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMG_0160.JPG IMG_0161.JPG
Anyone here own or have experience with an AMT lighting 22 pistol?
I have a 9" model, it's a blast to shoot, my daughter is able to keep golf balls rolling with it out to 50 yards.

My late friend had a 10" AMT Lightning. It was very nice and accurate. He field stripped it and wasn't able to reassemble it. After the scecond time, I told him to quit taking it apart. Thanks to you tube videos for Ruger Auto pistols, I was able to get it back together for him both times.
If I recall correctly, AMT was successfully sued by Ruger for patent infringement, and had to quit manufacturing the Lightning. Bob's sure had a nice trigger on his, and it accounted for a bunch of ground squirrels over the years.

In my experience the AMT Guns were one of two things - Great or Pieces of Junk - nothing in between. As a 'Smith I saw lots of the Junk ones but I also heard good things about them. I know I had lots of trouble getting OEM Parts out of them. There Guns were all based on someone else's designs so fitting Ruger or 1911 parts wasn't a problem. And they were taken to Court by more than one Distributor for failure to deliver.:);)

I had an AMT government model that was just a ugly, unreliable POS! Bad casting porosity in the frame and the polished areas were so bad you could look down them in the light and it looked like rolling Indiana farmland.....only less shiny! o_O It was the FTF king, and I got rid of it most quickly, with full disclosure.
I also had an AMT .380 that made the .45 look like a Wilson Combat hand fit and finished piece! Blech! It on the other hand was very reliable and, for what it was, pretty accurate! Go figure, I kept it for years and carried it lots of times! Reminded me of that old song, "Never Make A Pretty woman Your Wife!" "Man, I saw your AMT the other day, and she's uggggly:(!" "Yeah, but she sure can cook!" :D

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews