JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So the past several months there has been a major ammo shortage. But I have been noticing the prices and availability of ammo (and other components) coming down. Is it just me? Or should we expect it to stay as usual; and prices and availability to become un-real?

For example:

9mm, no one could find it. Now it's located most every were. And even though the prices are higher then in past, they are still affordable.

.22lr, Almost non-existent. Now readily available for under $20.

Reload components: Popping up and affordable.

Anyone else seeing this? Or am I just talking non-sense?

Yeah the prices are starting to drop online, it seems like 9mm is still expensive in most places. But they dropped quite a bit around january, so I bought some .45 and .223, then the price increased by nearly 40% at the same site by march. Makes me wish I would have bought more.

I see it dropping to. I saw 29.99 for 9mm and now its down to 15.99. xm193 is back to 9.99 for 20 which is good if you arn't buying in bulk.
i paid 21.99 for 357 before the rise, then it got to up to 40 a box depending on retailer and now its back to 21.99. I can afford to go shooting again, just not as much as before.

Well that's some good news. .380 and .38spl are the two I haven't been able to find. At least not at what I want to pay; but I haven't really looked that hard either.

Bimart in JC had 223, 9mm, and 45 acp all in stock yesterday. First time I saw all 3 of those in stock at the same time for quite a while. They were relatively deep with the 9mm having 4 cases on the floor behind the counter.

Well that's some good news. .380 and .38spl are the two I haven't been able to find. At least not at what I want to pay; but I haven't really looked that hard either.

I have alot of 38 special cowboy loads for 20 cents apiece if you are interested. I load for cowboy action shooters and I load alot of 38's

I don't think the crisis is any where near an end FWIW. Primers are still extremely rare. Even reloading bullets are on back order. I won't believe it's coming to an end until I see thousands of primers on the shelves again. I haven't seen any on the shelves since Christmas I think at my local stores. I've had to order them online and now I have to deal with backorders and hope they don't get canceled.

http://www.dailygazette.com/news/2009/jul/16/0716_shootingsports/

This guy that wrote this article says that they predict ammunition supplies will not be returning to normal until late 2010. He's trying to fool you that he's a avid gun owner/sporting shooter or something but I don't buy it. His knowledge and terminology is lacking way to much for it to be believable that he even owns a gun period.

You may be right about him but this story still seems correct and early 2010 for a "real" amount of ammo and supplies is what I have been predicting too.

Just FYI, I have been buying small pistol primers at BiMart in Vancouver at 2.99/100.
They have .223 at $.45/round and have the 200 packs on the shelves ($90).
The 50 round boxes of .45 acp are $19.95 the hace .38 special +p too
Why pay inflated prices?
The last gun show in Vanouver had a LOT of ammo for sale and tons of primers. They all started at $6/100 and finally dropped to $4/100. Its all about competition. Many people made money re-selling ammo but now its over.

Kids, it looks like the shortage is comming to an end and WE WON!
We have .233 ammo on the shelves and AR-15's are stilll legal.
Aren't you glad you didn't spend $800 for a used AK-47? Some people did.
Prices are dropping on guns and ammo. I suggest we Stop the Panic Buying.
...Just my 2 cents.

All My had Guns are .40 and I got about 00 rounds of ammo. I dont really "panic" buy anymore.. I did at first. but if i walk into a store and they gt 4 or 5 boxes I'll buy abox of 50. but I have Noticed that ammo is becoming more popular

Well I haven't been shopping lately but have been looking. Have seen no .22's; but that's alright; I have more then enough and selling to friends. .223 and .45 and .40 I have seen a lot of. 9mm, .357 mag, .38 spl is a hit and miss. Also primers for $30-35/1000. FINALLY found some .380 today! Also rifle ammo is starting to show up.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top