JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So the past several months there has been a major ammo shortage. But I have been noticing the prices and availability of ammo (and other components) coming down. Is it just me? Or should we expect it to stay as usual; and prices and availability to become un-real?

For example:

9mm, no one could find it. Now it's located most every were. And even though the prices are higher then in past, they are still affordable.

.22lr, Almost non-existent. Now readily available for under $20.

Reload components: Popping up and affordable.

Anyone else seeing this? Or am I just talking non-sense?

Yeah the prices are starting to drop online, it seems like 9mm is still expensive in most places. But they dropped quite a bit around january, so I bought some .45 and .223, then the price increased by nearly 40% at the same site by march. Makes me wish I would have bought more.

I see it dropping to. I saw 29.99 for 9mm and now its down to 15.99. xm193 is back to 9.99 for 20 which is good if you arn't buying in bulk.
i paid 21.99 for 357 before the rise, then it got to up to 40 a box depending on retailer and now its back to 21.99. I can afford to go shooting again, just not as much as before.

Well that's some good news. .380 and .38spl are the two I haven't been able to find. At least not at what I want to pay; but I haven't really looked that hard either.

Bimart in JC had 223, 9mm, and 45 acp all in stock yesterday. First time I saw all 3 of those in stock at the same time for quite a while. They were relatively deep with the 9mm having 4 cases on the floor behind the counter.

Well that's some good news. .380 and .38spl are the two I haven't been able to find. At least not at what I want to pay; but I haven't really looked that hard either.

I have alot of 38 special cowboy loads for 20 cents apiece if you are interested. I load for cowboy action shooters and I load alot of 38's

I don't think the crisis is any where near an end FWIW. Primers are still extremely rare. Even reloading bullets are on back order. I won't believe it's coming to an end until I see thousands of primers on the shelves again. I haven't seen any on the shelves since Christmas I think at my local stores. I've had to order them online and now I have to deal with backorders and hope they don't get canceled.

http://www.dailygazette.com/news/2009/jul/16/0716_shootingsports/

This guy that wrote this article says that they predict ammunition supplies will not be returning to normal until late 2010. He's trying to fool you that he's a avid gun owner/sporting shooter or something but I don't buy it. His knowledge and terminology is lacking way to much for it to be believable that he even owns a gun period.

You may be right about him but this story still seems correct and early 2010 for a "real" amount of ammo and supplies is what I have been predicting too.

Just FYI, I have been buying small pistol primers at BiMart in Vancouver at 2.99/100.
They have .223 at $.45/round and have the 200 packs on the shelves ($90).
The 50 round boxes of .45 acp are $19.95 the hace .38 special +p too
Why pay inflated prices?
The last gun show in Vanouver had a LOT of ammo for sale and tons of primers. They all started at $6/100 and finally dropped to $4/100. Its all about competition. Many people made money re-selling ammo but now its over.

Kids, it looks like the shortage is comming to an end and WE WON!
We have .233 ammo on the shelves and AR-15's are stilll legal.
Aren't you glad you didn't spend $800 for a used AK-47? Some people did.
Prices are dropping on guns and ammo. I suggest we Stop the Panic Buying.
...Just my 2 cents.

All My had Guns are .40 and I got about 00 rounds of ammo. I dont really "panic" buy anymore.. I did at first. but if i walk into a store and they gt 4 or 5 boxes I'll buy abox of 50. but I have Noticed that ammo is becoming more popular

Well I haven't been shopping lately but have been looking. Have seen no .22's; but that's alright; I have more then enough and selling to friends. .223 and .45 and .40 I have seen a lot of. 9mm, .357 mag, .38 spl is a hit and miss. Also primers for $30-35/1000. FINALLY found some .380 today! Also rifle ammo is starting to show up.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top