JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
$20 They are in a tray. She got these in Salem, but they had them in Albany too, a few days ago. They are similar in size tho the small ones at Harbor Freight, but better quality I suspect.
1698805959383.png

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Re-branded MTM ? Or a straight rip off?
That is my bet - the MTM "cans" have that double latch and come with the tray. The two big plastic shooting sports container manufacturers are Plano and MTM. The MTM ammo cans are better; thicker and not as flimsy as Plano. I use both, but not longer put heavy things like ammo in them - moving ammo to GI surplus & some cheap 3rd party metal cans.

The reason is that the lids on the flimsy Plano "cans" noticeably bend when lifting a "can" full of ammo, such that the seal is temporarily compromised - my bet is that eventually the lid would permanently break - either at the hinges or elsewhere. I haven't seen that on the MTM cans, but I bet the lid deforms enough that the seal is broken a little.

I will probably be going to Costco Tigard today to fill my gas tank after my phys therapy and if I go inside the store I will try to remember to check to see if they have them there - they probably do. I won't buy any though - I have more than I need of the plastic cans.

I bought theses a couple months back.

I have all my ammo in metal ammo cans. When I go to the range, I put the ammo in to the small grey plastic ones from Harbor freight. But since purchasing this tray set, I've been using this.

Comparably, I'd say they are similar quality and build to those, except you get a tray.

Hope this helps.

Bimart has the 3 piece metal sets again. I believe they were $40. The boxes nest together when empty.

Haha, was just going to say that they have the metal ones stacked deep. Thanks Ark. Bimart also has 10% off shotgun ammo, which is why I was there, that sale might end soon, but they are very competitive anyway.

Costco on Andresen had them today. I bought 2. BiMart has almost exactly the same thing, for the same price. Better, or worse? I dont know. BiMart also shows a 5 pack of the same design on their website, but for quite a bit more $.

I loaded a couple of them up today. They easily hold 500 loose .223 or 125 2 3/4" 12 gauge. More capacity, but bulkier than .30 cal steel boxes. Stack better though.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top