JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You might find a beater Browning BSS for $500---but they were made in Japan. A decent
SxS for $500 is a rare bird--and one made in the USA does not exist.

My advice would be to just get a stoeger coach SxS.

I have a newer Uplander and it is a wonderful gun.

I've heard to stay away from the older models so I would buy it new but even then I think they are $400.

I know that not what you asked for but I just went thru this whole process and landed on a Stoeger for lack of options (and glad I did).

They will handle the newer 3" shells and you won't have to modify it at all.

Who makes a double barrel (SxS), in America, that can shoot modern heavy loads, that isn't crazy expensive ($500ish)?

I want a coach gun, but not an import, so I want to find a decent gun to have the barrels cut on.

Redneck,

The process to make a double barrel and to align the barrels correctly has always been quite costly. This is why even lower quality doubles cost more than a lower end pump. I wanted the same thing, but was unable to find an American made double and ended up with an older Greener action double made in Spain. It's very high quality but had a deep dent 8" from the end of the barrels. Perfect for my purposes. I cut the barrels down to 18 1/2" and cleaned/sealed the end properly. It's a very nice coach gun now. Total cost to me was $150.

tb

Look for a used Savage/Stevens 311. Pretty sure you can find one at your price point. Decent old guns that were fairly well made. If you want it as a coach gun, find a quality gunsmith to shorten it for you.

Who makes a double barrel (SxS), in America, that can shoot modern heavy loads, that isn't crazy expensive ($500ish)?

I want a coach gun, but not an import, so I want to find a decent gun to have the barrels cut on.
Another vote for Stevens-Savage.
511/311/Fox-B
Should be able to find one of those, used, for a good price.
All are solid guns and nice shooters.

Dean

Man, if that ain't straight out of an action movie.
I like it, but I like it better with Skeet 1&2 chokes and double triggers.
Otherwise, awesome mod to their popular line of coach guns.

Dean

Its not American made, but I am very happy with my Baikal. I picked it up at Fred Meyers using thier friends and family coupon. I think I was around $290 out the door.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top