JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You would have to notch the slide even if you could make it work with new internals.
EEFBF4B3-E220-441C-9447-5D34AD3E48C3.jpeg

Yea you would have to cut into the slide. I'm also a left handed shooter and personally hate the ambi slide release. Depending on how you grip the pistol it is very easy to depress the slide release and render it useless. I had to get used to it on the Gen5s and eventually for the Kagwerks slide release to elevate my problem.

Best to drop the release the slide using the "over the to top" or "slingshot" method. I installed a Ghost extended slide lock lever on my G48 and use my trigger finger to lock the slide back during admin. handling.

I have a M&P 2.0 full size with ambi slide locks and never use the one on the right side of the gun. I don't have an issue of it being in the way of my grip, but I do have an issue if it being too stiff to release from the right side. I just use the "over the top" method to release the slide.

Best to drop the release the slide using the "over the to top" or "slingshot" method. I installed a Ghost extended slide lock lever on my G48 and use my trigger finger to lock the slide back during admin. handling.

I have a M&P 2.0 full size with ambi slide locks and never use the one on the right side of the gun. I don't have an issue of it being in the way of my grip, but I do have an issue if it being too stiff to release from the right side. I just use the "over the top" method to release the slide.
I use to but not anymore, now I slam the mag home with my right hand and drop the slide with my right hand fingers just prior to achieving a firing grip.

Another fellow lefty here. The ambi slide stop is unnecessary and the G43 needs frame mods to even consider it. Nah, just forget about it and move on. :)

If you get it done post pics and make a YouTube video. Prob be the first one to exist with that mod. I'm also a lefty and although it's nice to have controls that are "easier" I have learned to adapt.

I've been shooting "right handed" guns for as long as I've been shooting. Switching stuff over to the other side would just goof me up anyway.

Glock has had the ambi mag release for a while now (Gen4) and when I picked up my G34 I swapped it to lefty. That lasted about 2 mags at the range. My muscle memory is so used to right handed stuff that using lefty things messes me up. Same with scissors and hand or power saws like a worm drive Skilsaw. I just can't use them left handed.

Glock has had the ambi mag release for a while now (Gen4) and when I picked up my G34 I swapped it to lefty. That lasted about 2 mags at the range. My muscle memory is so used to right handed stuff that using lefty things messes me up. Same with scissors and hand or power saws like a worm drive Skilsaw. I just can't use them left handed.
Are you left handed?
I'm right handed, but shoot pistols lefty. The old man taught me to shoot that way so if I needed to transition from a rifle (shoot those righty), use a knife or throw a punch my stronger hand is available.

Are you left handed?
I'm right handed, but shoot pistols lefty. The old man taught me to shoot that way so if I needed to transition from a rifle (shoot those righty), use a knife or throw a punch my stronger hand is available.
Ideally you want to shoot whatever side your dominant eye is. I'm right handed but left eye dominant. Had to train myself to shoot pistol left handed. Rifle came natural. Pistol did not. You can get away with shooting a pistol on the opposite side of your dominant eye much easier than you can with a rifle.

Ideally you want to shoot whatever side your dominant eye is. I'm right handed but left eye dominant. Had to train myself to shoot pistol left handed. Rifle came natural. Pistol did not. You can get away with shooting a pistol on the opposite side of your dominant eye much easier than you can with a rifle.
Yup, that sounds like what my stepdad told me.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top