Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Amazon - Doesn't sell guns - but should they?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by RicInOR, May 30, 2013.

1. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

2. jrprich

jrprich PNW Well-Known Member

They sell LOTS of gun parts.......I just searched 1911 parts and it is a very long list

Amazon.com: 1911 parts

3. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

You can get AR15 parts & accessories all day long. I even picked up Sterling SMG parts from there.

4. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

I got a buffer for my 7.62x39. You can get all sorts of accessories, optics, parts, BCGs, etc. Heck, the way they set up their site the book I co-authored comes up on their site even though we don't sell through them.

Brutus Out

5. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

6. MrNiceGuy

MrNiceGuy between springfield and shelbyville Well-Known Member

They're not considering upping their firearm parts and accessories or selling guns, they're using it as justification to also ban the sale of media that portrays violence.

They're about to get more restrictive on what they sell. Not good IMHO.

7. Outrider

Outrider Oregon Active Member

Amazon already has plenty of gun parts and accessories available. Regardless of politics, as a practical matter, selling guns would present a bit of a problem for Amazon and the industry.

Amazon has no retail locations. If it wanted to get into the business of selling guns and it didn't set up a retail shop, it'd have to transfer its firearms to local dealers.

The local shops are already feeling the pressure from "Bud's Guns." Some dealers refuse to handle transfers from Bud's. Amazon is far larger in size than Bud's so you could imagine the pushback. If it got into selling guns, delivering them throughout the country, it would pretty much crush the local independent dealers who would never be able to match Amazon's prices. -That's one of the problems with Bud's model. They're undercutting the ability of the local shops to make a profit and stay open. If the local shops don't stay open, Bud's can't transfer firearms to them for their customers. If Amazon sold firearms, it would be the same problem but on a much larger scale.

Aside from that, there may not be much incentive for Amazon to sell firearms. It's an industry with relatively low profit margins for the retailer and a lot of hassle.

8. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

Amazon is on my "No Buy" list, they were supporters and financers of the Seattle gun buyback program. So they will never se another penny from my family!!!

9. teflon97239

teflon97239 Portland, OR Well-Known Member

If they sold AK's, we'd get free shipping because they're over $25, right?

Blitzkrieg and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Brutus57

Brutus57 Skagit County Well-Known Member

Its funny, they'll buy back guns...but then they make a MINT selling nice appliances to increase accuracy, etc. Typical corporate talking out of one side of their mouth while graBBING money with both fists.

Brutus Out.

11. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg WA Well-Known Member

I've saved thousands on recent accessory purchases at Amazon

12. LoneStar

LoneStar WA Active Member

I wish they did. I wish I could buy guns online without having to transfer them to a dealer. Like the good old days. Except I guess it was mail order catalogs back then.