JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It doesn't really bother me. I didn't know it was new until you mentioned it. Normally my eyes just slide over them and ignore all the ads. Though I did use them recently when I wanted to look for AR parts so I clicked through a bunch of them to see what they had available. I much prefer having them over there to the side than interspersed between posts like other forums. I can see how it could be annoying though.

Joe has said he is 'all in' as far as the internet forums vs a 'real job' lol, so let him make some $$$. No big deal at all.

In fact, I've done business with 25% of the places on the right already. Some are even members here, like Dave's Palisades Auto Repair.

Joel has said he is 'all in' as far as the internet forums vs a 'real job' lol, so let him make some $$$. No big deal at all.

In fact, I've done business with 25% of the places on the right already. Some are even members here, like Dave's Palisades Auto Repair.

Is that a :s0155: Burt? One of the trucks needs the motor swapped out.

Thanks for the thread that reminded me billdeserthills.

I don't mind the advertising, in fact, I don't see how a forum can be profitable without advertising, but I do not like the placement of the advertisers on a side bar.
I prefer to see the advertisers at the top of the page. I think placement at the top of the page is more effective, makes the web page more visually pleasing, and leaves space for more advertisers to be seen every time a page is opened.
Looking at ar15 and m4carbine forums, there are a lot more advertisers and the forum appearance is asthetically pleasing. The sidebar advertising does not improve the asthetics of the page IMHO.

Though i did notice the change in the sidebar the first time i logged on after the change, it doesn't bother me. There are times an advertizement reminds me that i need a certain item, that i intended to research but forgot about. That was the case yesterday, i want a rear flip-up sight for an AR type rifle. After checking the classifieds, to no avail, i went to the vendors and am narrowing it down.

I will try to buy from a member first when i can or a vendor on this site. I have learned a lot from the people here and like to support it.

Lefty.

I don't mind the advertising, in fact, I don't see how a forum can be profitable without advertising, but I do not like the placement of the advertisers on a side bar.
I prefer to see the advertisers at the top of the page. I think placement at the top of the page is more effective, makes the web page more visually pleasing, and leaves space for more advertisers to be seen every time a page is opened.
Looking at ar15 and m4carbine forums, there are a lot more advertisers and the forum appearance is asthetically pleasing. The sidebar advertising does not improve the asthetics of the page IMHO.

Much of that is personal opinion. I am almost the opposite. I prefer the side advertising to it being at the top. It doesn't break up the flow of the page or the flow of the text but allows for a lot of advertisements as long as it's not a one post thread. Last time I was on ar15.com I was thinking how horrible it was to try to read threads on it (mostly because of the huge dark areas where avatars etc. go) But then my ad blocker blocks their ads so I don't see them anyway. Here my adblocker only blocks the banner ads, not the sponsor ads. :s0155:

Nope, you're not the only one. I don't care for the ads on the side either. Thought they were fine where they were originally. And I keep accidentally clicking on them when I go for the scroll bar, which is a PITA.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top