JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Is it just me or does it seem that there's a lot of 10mm guns coming up for sale on here and other gun forums over the last few months? I'm a huge 10mm advocate and on my way to purchasing another pistol chambered in my favorite handgun caliber.

Seems lately I've seen a lot of Glock 20's, 29's, EAA's, and Dan Wesson's, and Delta Elite's up for sale. Brings a question to mind to everyone out there...

Is everyone that owns a 10mm moving onto some other fad and getting rid of them ('cause you would have thought that would have happened a long time ago), or is 10mm making a resurgence and there just happens to be more on the market now?

My best guess is people are sick and tired of not having any ammo for them. Unless you reload its been pretty rare to find ammo. I was lucky to get 20 boxes of HP from my wholesaler. First 10mm Ive laid my hands on in over a year.

10mm has been a pain to get over the last couple years but I've notice more places stocking it lately. You'd think the ammo manufacturers would step up the game a little to fill orders. Every website I seem to look at has half their 10mm ammo on back order.

If you're a 10mm fan, you should have noticed the rest of the market is not with you some time ago. The ammo companies don't make a lot of 10mm because it's not a popular caliber with shooters. Like it or not, 10mm is a relatively small part of the ammo market and the market is a numbers game. Manufacturing capacity goes to the rounds that sell steadily and reliably i.e. 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP. Niche calibers that sell in small lots get shorter runs.

As for why people are selling 10mm pistols now, it's probably because with a bad economy people are getting rid of the firearms they do not shoot much to free up some money. Pistols that require expensive ammo or hard to find ammo are always prime candidates to be culled when consolidating a collection.

The 10mm is a good round but other than for woods gun it is not any more accurate or better than the 40 S&W for SD or target. Like the 41 mag it is a hand loaders round. It also takes a bigger/heaver gun than the 9mm or 40S&W so those who don't hunt or hand load probably are losing interest in it. Don't get me wrong it has its place but I got ride of my Glock 20 because I just wasn't shooting it. :cool:

The 10mm is a good round but other than for woods gun it is not any more accurate or better than the 40 S&W for SD or target. Like the 41 mag it is a hand loaders round. It also takes a bigger/heaver gun than the 9mm or 40S&W so those who don't hunt or hand load probably are losing interest in it. Don't get me wrong it has its place but I got ride of my Glock 20 because I just wasn't shooting it. :cool:

Really??????????

Some of us have fallen into deals in the past with the intent of doing great things with our purchases. Time goes by and plans don't develop as we intended. Sometimes best to let someone else play with the toys.
I have a few 10s up for sale and more (that I do shoot and carry) in the safe.
Comes a time when the safe needs cleaning/thinning and I reached it, hence the ad.:D

And I do reload for all my calibers, with a relatively adequate stock of supplies replenished as I run into good deals.

I bought a Glock 20 this weekend for a woods gun. Weighs less and has a higher round capacity than a revolver or comparable size. But the ammo prices are quite high, especially defensive ammo, close to $1 per round. I have a secret place when I travel out of town who always has ammo, even during the height of the Obama scare last year. I'll be going this weekend to get some 10mm for my new purchase.

As for why people are selling 10mm pistols now, it's probably because with a bad economy people are getting rid of the firearms they do not shoot much to free up some money.

I think that's a perfect answer. I'm going to use that opportunity to buy a Delta Elite later this year. Would like to have one use as a woods gun as it's about the only 1911 chambering you can justify carrying in some areas. Will make a nice addition.

Some people buy on the reviews and opinions, and, find out it isn't everything they wanted. (Nothing against the caliber.) I think a lot of Five-seveN people went that way.

I was issued a 10mm in another life, and, quite a number people turned them back in for a lighter caliber. They weren't at all comfortable with the round.

I can understand not shooting it a lot 'cause of ammo prices and "scarcity" (I know a gun shop that always has a ton in stock so I go buy it there at a good price). I bought it mostly as a "woods gun" but also 'cause of the cool parts about 10mm like it's versatility. You can hunt with it, target shoot (is very accurate), load it up super hot for a potential bear stopping around, load it down light (like a .40 short&whimpy), get a conversion barrel to shoot .40s&w, .357 sig, 9x25 dillon, you can shoot bullet weights from 135 up to 240 grain and buy those commercially loaded for you already, and the list goes on. I know it's a couple decades too late, but wish people would jump on the 10mm bandwagon.

I'm going to sell my 1911 some day so I can get a 1911-style 10mm. Will be looking for one at any guns shows I attend, anyway.

The G20SF I just got is too nice to not own. I like all its features including customization possibilities. Ammo's not a problem as I keep a supply of DT on hand for SD and load my own for target shooting.

I think I'm going to go pick up my Delta Elite thursday. Anyone in the 10mm universe out there have recommendations for who make the best mags for 10mm 1911's? I've been told factory colt (which are quite spendy and hard to find it seems), tripp cobra, wilson 47nx are the way to go. I know in the past my .45 1911's preferred certain mags (one gun liked wilson but hated chip mccormick and some liked kimber mags and some didn't and the factory springfield one's seemed to make good paper weights).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top