JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
last year that guy blew himself and that kid up in his tank, but i'm not sure if that was the same event.

If my memory is correct, that incident happened at a range outside of Bend.

I was wondering if this specific facility in Albany had ever experienced a problem.

But maybe insurance companies are becoming leary in general of insuring any type of event where military type weapons are involved.

I have pretty solid information that the new board was behind the mg shoot not happening. It will not happen again, no more mg shoots at ARPC. Board has gone full FUDD. ARPC is going down the drain.

Just proves a point I've made before - sometimes the enemy of our rights is in our own midst - gun owners that don't think certain types of rights should apply to other gun owners. Some think you don't need a CHL. Some think you don't need an AR. Some think you don't need anything more than a bolt action rifle. Yep, we're fighting not only the anti's, but fighting our own that seem to think they know better than the rest of us. Shame on ARPC if they've allowed THOSE type of people to get on the board and make those kinds of changes. Maybe down the road ARPC will only be bolt rifles and black powder guns.

A fellow, stationed on the gate told us it was because of inability to buy insurance!
I did not particularly trust in his demeanor! UMMV!

This guy was parked at the big, locked, NW gate! He did not acknowledge me until I got out of my truck. Then he rolled down his window.
When I asked what was going on he said that he had been asked to tell people that the MG shoot was cancelled, siting the insurance issue! I said that was too bad and It would probably drain fresh resources from the treasury! He then told me,"Oh no, the MG shoot barely broke even! Lotta work for nothing!"
Really? Doesn't seem possible to me! :cool: Only thing I can add is, he never waved or smiled on the way out! Odd!

I could imagine how the MG shoot could barely make money, granted never been.

Figure in paid staff & the insurance would likely be crazy expensive.

Am hoping that it comes back, would like to go to one.

There's also the "bigger picture" of getting new members that live in the area, whom go for the shoot and like what they see in the range & decide to join. Folks whom may have never gone.

Am hoping that the above is just rumor, and that there is not an underlying tone on the board of what "types" of shooters are welcome.

Am hoping that the above is just rumor, and that there is not an underlying tone on the board of what "types" of shooters are welcome.

I really, really, hope not. Unfortunately I have also heard "why do you need an AR" from FUDD types before. Previously ARPC was very friendly to all kinds, someone even used to bring a Barrett.

I can see the shoot not making any money actually.. You guys should see the insurance premiums we pay to manufacture aircraft components here at the machine shop - outrageous.

I really, really, hope not. Unfortunately I have also heard "why do you need an AR" from FUDD types before. Previously ARPC was very friendly to all kinds, someone even used to bring a Barrett.

I can see the shoot not making any money actually.. You guys should see the insurance premiums we pay to manufacture aircraft components here at the machine shop - outrageous.

We've never had any issues / questions / concerns / comments about what we're shooting...and some of ours are CRAZY loud. Including mag dumping & bumping.

As one member of the very small team that puts this event on each year, I can clear the air:

The board is not Anti-MG. They gave us a generous timetable to find insurance before cancelling. The cancellation deadline was based on giving enough time to get the word out to the public. What's more, our Club President was actually scheduled to MC the event this year. It's a tremendously big event for the NW, and we had personally delivered posters to all gun stores in the Portland Metro area (or most of them). I was one who did, and we didn't even really have enough time to pull all the posters and make sure everyone knew it was cancelled. We're talking a very complicated logistical nightmare here. A very few of us had already put in HUNDREDS of hours of work into the event, with the full support of the Executive Board and Staff at ARPC. We are a very close-knit team with great support for this annual event.

Anything you hear other than insurance as the cause for the cancellation is pure BS by uninformed individuals or those that choose to stir the pot. It wasn't done by Obama, Liberals, or neo-nazis. Our insurance cost was rising each year. We knew it would reach a peak that would out-cost our normal profit for the event. We actually went a year farther than we thought.

We reached out to other MG shoots in the nation as well as National-level shooting organizations and foundations. We were thwarted primarily due to Oregon's different insurance under-writing laws. We couldn't use Knob Creek's insurance company because they can't underwrite Oregon Policies (not just shooting policies, but ALL policies). NSSF and NRA were largely in the same boat.

We have some very good solid leads on insurance for 2018. Stay tuned.

As one member of the very small team that puts this event on each year, I can clear the air:

The board is not Anti-MG. They gave us a generous timetable to find insurance before cancelling. The cancellation deadline was based on giving enough time to get the word out to the public. What's more, our Club President was actually scheduled to MC the event this year. It's a tremendously big event for the NW, and we had personally delivered posters to all gun stores in the Portland Metro area (or most of them). I was one who did, and we didn't even really have enough time to pull all the posters and make sure everyone knew it was cancelled. We're talking a very complicated logistical nightmare here. A very few of us had already put in HUNDREDS of hours of work into the event, with the full support of the Executive Board and Staff at ARPC. We are a very close-knit team with great support for this annual event.

Anything you hear other than insurance as the cause for the cancellation is pure BS by uninformed individuals or those that choose to stir the pot. It wasn't done by Obama, Liberals, or neo-nazis. Our insurance cost was rising each year. We knew it would reach a peak that would out-cost our normal profit for the event. We actually went a year farther than we thought.

We reached out to other MG shoots in the nation as well as National-level shooting organizations and foundations. We were thwarted primarily due to Oregon's different insurance under-writing laws. We couldn't use Knob Creek's insurance company because they can't underwrite Oregon Policies (not just shooting policies, but ALL policies). NSSF and NRA were largely in the same boat.

We have some very good solid leads on insurance for 2018. Stay tuned.

Thank you for taking the time to come here and straighten it all out. Seemed folks weren't getting a clear story on why it was cancelled and if it would come back - that is, until your post cleared that up. Glad to hear it wasn't something more 'nefarious'.

Thank you for taking the time to come here and straighten it all out. Seemed folks weren't getting a clear story on why it was cancelled and if it would come back - that is, until your post cleared that up.

I was tagged via text by a customer of mine who knew my involvement in the shoot. I'm grateful for the chance, as I'm a bigger fan of the event than most, even though it's a ton of work. I can tell you that other than what I personally stated about Insurance, anything else suggested in this topic or anywhere else is either fabricated, exaggerated, or a rumor passed along from someone who has no real information.

I'm as close to the source as you can get unless Allen or Pete are members here as well. I would appreciate anyone hearing a rumor to clear it up with this information.

I have pretty solid information that the new board was behind the mg shoot not happening. It will not happen again, no more mg shoots at ARPC. Board has gone full FUDD. ARPC is going down the drain.

You are grossly misinformed and as far off base as a human could possibly be. My more detailed post above should clear it up. If you got that information from someone else, please let them know the truth.

If my memory is correct, that incident happened at a range outside of Bend.

I was wondering if this specific facility in Albany had ever experienced a problem.

But maybe insurance companies are becoming leary in general of insuring any type of event where military type weapons are involved.

Correct. The tank issue was at the public range that used to exist alongside the facility at COSSA outside of Bend. The MG cancellation is just an issue with insurance associated with the liberal policies of the state of Oregon.

No idea who your source is, but I would say pretty solid is a reference to vapor and gas. Might want to check your sources credentials and see if he just has a bone to pick. Remember to abide by Joe Links #1 rule, be excellent to each other (very Bill and Ted). That would go to how we assault the organizations that support the games we like to play.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top