JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wife's friend gave us a pair of tickets for an event in Portland at the Aladdin Theater.

Can I get away with carrying a gun into the venue or do I need to keep it in the safe in the car?

I have never been there but thought maybe someone here would have gone at some point and could help me with some perspective.

Thanks, very much!

found a pic on the entrance. sure doesnt look like it
ala.png

That's the entrance from the bar next door. Decent food....There's also the entrance from the street directly into the theater. If it's a popular show plan on standing out on the street, the bar isn't very big. I't been years since I was there, 10 maybe, but no screening then.

EDIT: Never mind. That IS a view from inside out to the street. Sorry.

If there are legal signs stating no firearms, they you have a choice. Their show. Private property. Their rules. Either go or not. I for one would not attend unarmed, but that is just me. Your decision.

If there are legal signs stating no firearms, they you have a choice.

Signs don't carry force of law in Oregon though, so I don't know if there's such a thing as a 'legal sign' here like the 30.06/07's in Texas.

The venue staff can ask you to leave, after which you'll be trespassing if you stick around, but to my knowledge no legal issue (as long as you don't stick around for a trespassing charge) just for carrying onto the property unless it's a prohibited place mentioned in the law (courthouses, etc).

Concealed is concealed.

I asked a buddy who's kid has played there and been to a few other shows and he said they don't even do purse checks.

I just didn't want to stand around on the street waiting to get in and then find out they have a check point.

I don't think it's in the part of town that the protesters target but still - on a Friday night in a few weeks in or close to DT Portland I have no intention of going without concealed protection. Probably with a backup gun as well.

Thanks y'all!!!

The wife really wants to go so I'll be there ready to protect her vs her going on her own unarmed.

I asked a buddy who's kid has played there and been to a few other shows and he said they don't even do purse checks.

I just didn't want to stand around on the street waiting to get in and then find out they have a check point.

I don't think it's in the part of town that the protesters target but still - on a Friday night in a few weeks in or close to DT Portland I have no intention of going without concealed protection. Probably with a backup gun as well.

Thanks y'all!!!

The wife really wants to go so I'll be there ready to protect her vs her going on her own unarmed.

well, it is Portland. If there was a pat down you would have to assume someone's gender. And that isnt going to fly

Well. They did do bag checks and i brought my maxpidition bag.

I just opened the main compartment and folded it backward over the concealed zipper.

The concert is so bad that I'm cruising the website and internet.:rolleyes:.

David Ducuvany (spelling?) is a decent actor but a horrible singer:confused:.

And the opening band was twice as bad - first concert ever that I dug out a pair of ear plugs.:rolleyes:

The bubblegum we do for our wiveso_O

"David Duchovny Band"..:eek: :eek: :eek: So THAT'S what he went into when the resurrection of X FILES flopped? Who woulda' thunk it?

Sorry, I just got to do it....For the members that didn't get to see the show!

Looks like he left poor Gillian Anderson to fend for herself.

Yea, the whole thing was a massive flop.

Honestly, I think he made his fortune and is just playing at being a rock star.

He also made a crap load of money off Californication after the original x-files as well as a few movies I've not seen.

Gave us and the people that took us more then enough ammo to laugh about it for years.:D

Well. They did do bag checks and i brought my maxpidition bag.

I just opened the main compartment and folded it backward over the concealed zipper.

The concert is so bad that I'm cruising the website and internet.:rolleyes:.

David Ducuvany (spelling?) is a decent actor but a horrible singer:confused:.

And the opening band was twice as bad - first concert ever that I dug out a pair of ear plugs.:rolleyes:

The bubblegum we do for our wiveso_O
Another Maxpedition fan! Solidarity!!!

I figured it's better to revive this one than starting a new one. Has anyone visited the Aladdin theater recently? I am going to a show there with my wife and daughter, and would love to know what security procedures they currently have.

I figured it's better to revive this one than starting a new one. Has anyone visited the Aladdin theater recently? I am going to a show there with my wife and daughter, and would love to know what security procedures they currently have.
Someone started a new thread on that today.

It's getting pretty ridiculous everywhere.

Went to the guitar show at Portland Veterans Memorial Coliseum a few weeks ago. They X-rayed guitar cases, and physically inspected bags and purses. People were funneled through a metal detector. Lady ahead of me with a pepper spray on her keychain was told to march it back out to her car or "surrender" it. She unhooked it from her purse and went to throw it in the garbage can, but the security gargoyle grabbed it. Gotta wonder where it actually ended up.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top