Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

AK...peep sight?

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by darkminstrel, Sep 21, 2009.

1. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

Got my Cheaper Than Dirt rag this afternoon and found a fully adjustable peep rear sight. Now since the PSL I have uses the same rear sight assembly I was considering giving the $20 part a try. I'm pretty good with irons out to 200-250, and have heard people laud these sights as a great upgrade.

Now you're scratching your head wondering why I want it when the PSL is scoped. Sure it is! But what happens if the optics fail? Not to mention the bloody things are designed to be shot with irons out to 300m.

2. gunjunky

gunjunky Arlington, WA Active Member

I have used the Power Custom unit on a number of AK's and have had excellent results.

I think this could be a case of "you get what you pay for".

Good luck,

3. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

I like the Williams peep sight on my AK. I'm just used to a peep sight on a rifle.

4. dario541

dario541 medford, or 97504 Member

All target rifles are equipped with either scopes or peep sights. Peep sights are just more accurate as your eye automatically centers in the aperture and lines up better.

5. elsullo

elsullo Portland Oregon New Member

Bear in mind that this AK peep is placed over twelve inches away from your eye in the "scout" position! How much of the target does it obscure? How big is the aperature? They designed the original AK sights for a reason.....................elsullo :confused:

6. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member