1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this month -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

AK-47 Recoil Buffer

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by Ntaylor25, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Ntaylor25

Ntaylor25 Salem, OR Member

Hi all, just wondering if anyone out there has had any experience using a recoil buffer on their AK. Is it even worth buying one and how long can I expect it to last?

Thanks, Nate
  2. jordanvraptor

jordanvraptor Oregon City, Oregon Well-Known Member

I have used one on all my AK's. They don't really absorb recoil force but they do reduce the noise of the bolt carrier hitting the rear of the receiver which can make the shot not seem as violent. It is said to reduce stress on the receiver. They don't interfere with reliability so I don't see the harm and have always used one.
  3. FMJ 911

FMJ 911 Snohomish, Washington Active Member

I bought one, and put it in my SLR-95. Since it's got a milled receiver, it made a loud "Klink" with every shot, at $10 for a buffer, it couldn't hurt.
  4. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

I have one on all my AK's also. Not only do they reduce the slam noise, but it also makes for a positive cycle because it stiffens up the recoil spring a little.