JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I conducted a test using my 'itarget' laser system. Wanted to see what the speed difference was between using the primary arms 1-8 SFP scope with ACSS reticle at 1 power and the aimpoint pro which I have used for the last several competitions and had good success with. I started at a low ready, about 8 feet away from target, when the buzzer rings I raised, aimed and fired trying to keep a good balance between speed and accuracy. The laser turns on and shines down the barrel when the trigger is pulled, the system reads where it hit the paper. Bullseye is about 1 inch in diameter and each ring is about 1/2 inch away from the bullseye. My results are below. Times are a average of best 5 of 6 shots, throwing the worst time out entirely each time to account for a bad reaction to the buzzer that would skew the data.

Tavor red dot
Time 1.3394 score 39/50
Tavor 1-8 scope
Time 1.4634 score 46/50
AR red dot
Time 1.267 score 44/50
AR 1-8 scope
Time 1.3286 score 45/50

This one showed at worst 13/100 difference and at best 6/100 still in favor of the red dot.

I did this twice, first one the Tavor was faster and second one the AR was faster, this is results of the second set, the AR averaged better than the Tavor in the second set probably because I'm testing the ultralight AR that I got and in becoming more familiar with it moving it from a low ready is possibly faster because it is 2 pounds lighter than the Tavor, that or it's just luck of the day.

Anyways, based on the data the red dot vs 1-8 scope shows negligible difference in time in my test, and I will plan on testing the 1-8 at competitions in the future.

In case you were interested.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads