JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I want to complete my sgl21 with a nice optic. I was thinking about getting a aimpiont TI but I think I have a bit of a astigmatism because my last cheap red dot had a star burst unless I had glasses. I also like the idea of getting some magnification for the $$. The idea of paying more for my optic than the cost of my rifle does not bother me, I just want something that is a good fit and works great. I like the idea of being able to lightly bang around my rifle and not be afraid of breaking anything (durability.) Is the Acog even compatible with the AK? thank you

I would not trade optics for a firearm just to me, they are not equal even though the sight is a 1,000$ sight. now, that being said, it depends on what you value the AK at and value the ACOG at. If you want the sight bad enough, it may be worth it to you.

by the way, i LOVE my ACOG..

<broken link removed>

May have to be a member to see the thread...I recommend signing up, BEST AK site on the 'net.

google " RS regulate AKOG "

lol...I type slow

I would not trade optics for a firearm just to me, they are not equal even though the sight is a 1,000$ sight. now, that being said, it depends on what you value the AK at and value the ACOG at. If you want the sight bad enough, it may be worth it to you.

by the way, i LOVE my ACOG..

thank you for your comment, but I think you misunderstood me. I dont want to give up my ak for an acog. I want to add one to my ak. :)

The issues I have with the Krebs rail are:
1) It blocks the dust cover make it imposssile to access the action without removing the rail.
2) It does not work on AKs equipped with folding stocks. IMO a folding stock is one of the strengths of an AK.

From the Krebs website:

I agree, especially since my only AK is both a Yugo and an underfolder. So #2 is certainly a pain. Have you played with the rail on any rifles though? I ask as I thought the connection at the rear of the tang actually works pretty well. Easy to release and goes back to zero very well. Not my rifle (I can't afford that kind of fun), but I am lucky enough to get to play with a friend's Kreb's AK every once in a while...

Because no one posted it yet, I had to:

IVAN CHESNOKOV

WHY YOU WANT RAIL FOR KALASHNIKOV? IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH AS PROCURED FROM IZHEVSK MECHANICAL WORKS? YOU THINK NEEDS IMPROVEMENT? THEN MAYBE YOU FIND JOB WITH ARMY OF RUSSIA! YOU HAVE DRINKS WITH MIKHAIL KALASHNIKOV, TRADE STORY OF MANY WEAPONS DESIGNED AND DETAILS OF SCHOOL FOR ENGINEERING!

OR MAYBE YOU NOT DO THIS. PROBABLY IS BECAUSE YOU NEVER DESIGN WEAPON IN WHOLE LIFE. YOU LOOK AT FINE RUSSIAN RIFLE, THINK IT NEED CRAZY bubblegum STICK ON ALL SIDES OF WEAPON. YOU HAVE DISEASE OF AMERICAN CAPITALIST, CHANGE THING THAT IS FINE FOR NO REASON EXCEPT TO LOOK DIFFERENT FROM COMRADE. YOU PUT CHEAP FLASHLIGHT OF CHINESE SLAVE FACTORY ON ONE SIDE, YOU PUT BAD SCOPE OF AMERICAN MIDDLE WEST ON OTHER SIDE, YOU PUT FRONT PISTOL GRIP ON BOTTOM SO YOU ARE LIKE AMERICAN MOVIE GUY JOHN RAMBO. MAYBE YOU PUT SEX DILDO ON TOP TO bubblegum YOURSELF IN bubblegum FOR MAKING SHAMEFUL TRAVESTY OF RIFLE OF MIKHAIL KALASHNIKOV, NO?

RIFLE IS FINE. YOU bubblegum IT, IT ONLY GET HEAVY AND YOU STILL NO HIT LARGEST SIDE OF BARN. GO TO FIRING RANGE, PRACTICE WITH MANY MAGAZINE OF CARTRIDGE. THEN YOU NOT NEED DUMB bubblegum PUT ON SIDE OF RIFLE.

In case you have never used an ACOG, 4x32 acogs have bubblegumty eye relief. I had one (TA31H-G) and its very well built but gave it up because it tries to be a jack of all trades and ends up a master of none. For less money, I'd get 1-4x scope with a nice mount and be happy, BUT if you must have an ACOG, dont buy 4x32. Get 3x30 or 3.5x35 with a chevron or x-hair reticle; slightly better eye relief on these models BUT you'll still need a collapsible/shorter stock for your AK. Also, read up the ACOG FAQ on Trijicon Site. One thing that bothered me was the fact that the right side of the reticle is always blurry: That's absolutely normal says Trijicon. I just thought you should know all the facts before you bought one. Also, if you still want one, you can find them LNIB all over for $200-300+ less than retail. I gave mine up for $750-800 worth of trades, not even cash. No one wanted it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top