Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

AGOC for ak47

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by mouse, Feb 26, 2013.

1. mouse

mouse Pacific Northwest Active Member

I want to complete my sgl21 with a nice optic. I was thinking about getting a aimpiont TI but I think I have a bit of a astigmatism because my last cheap red dot had a star burst unless I had glasses. I also like the idea of getting some magnification for the $$. The idea of paying more for my optic than the cost of my rifle does not bother me, I just want something that is a good fit and works great. I like the idea of being able to lightly bang around my rifle and not be afraid of breaking anything (durability.) Is the Acog even compatible with the AK? thank you

2. mrblond

mrblond Salem OR Well-Known Member

I would not trade optics for a firearm just to me, they are not equal even though the sight is a 1,000$ sight. now, that being said, it depends on what you value the AK at and value the ACOG at. If you want the sight bad enough, it may be worth it to you.

by the way, i LOVE my ACOG..

3. Unka-Boo

Unka-Boo Milwaukie Active Member

4. mouse

thank you for your comment, but I think you misunderstood me. I dont want to give up my ak for an acog. I want to add one to my ak. :)

5. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

If you are so inclined to add the Krebs rail system, you could then mount an ACOG with just the standard flat top mount.

mouse and (deleted member) like this.
  6. mouse

I actually own a krebs rail system!

7. PX4WA

PX4WA Tacoma, WA Active Member

they make an acog that has the 7.62x39 reticle. ta33-13

8. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

Texas dog leg with an acog calibrated for the 7.62x39....

SF-

mouse and (deleted member) like this.
  9. MountainBear

I agree, especially since my only AK is both a Yugo and an underfolder. So #2 is certainly a pain. Have you played with the rail on any rifles though? I ask as I thought the connection at the rear of the tang actually works pretty well. Easy to release and goes back to zero very well. Not my rifle (I can't afford that kind of fun), but I am lucky enough to get to play with a friend's Kreb's AK every once in a while...

10. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

If any of my AK's aren't Yugoslavian, Chinese or machined receivers they will have a folding stock. Kerbs won't work for me.

SF-

11. mouse

TA33A-13 Calibrated for 7.62x39, looks like an ACOG is not out of the question!

12. MountainBear

If Krebs would find a way to put their rail on a Yugo underfolder, I'd buy it in a heartbeat! I will look at the other mounts you guys suggested as well...

13. Misterbill

Misterbill Yakima County, Washington New Member

Because no one posted it yet, I had to:

14. andreys21

andreys21 Milwaukie, OR Active Member

In case you have never used an ACOG, 4x32 acogs have bubblegumty eye relief. I had one (TA31H-G) and its very well built but gave it up because it tries to be a jack of all trades and ends up a master of none. For less money, I'd get 1-4x scope with a nice mount and be happy, BUT if you must have an ACOG, dont buy 4x32. Get 3x30 or 3.5x35 with a chevron or x-hair reticle; slightly better eye relief on these models BUT you'll still need a collapsible/shorter stock for your AK. Also, read up the ACOG FAQ on Trijicon Site. One thing that bothered me was the fact that the right side of the reticle is always blurry: That's absolutely normal says Trijicon. I just thought you should know all the facts before you bought one. Also, if you still want one, you can find them LNIB all over for $200-300+ less than retail. I gave mine up for $750-800 worth of trades, not even cash. No one wanted it.

15. mancat

mancat Kitsap County Well-Known Member

Have you looked at any of the Russian-produced options for your AK's side rail?