JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess I was the only one not happy with the Knoxx stock on my Mossberg. The recoil reduction they claim is pure bullbubblegum to me. Sure it may reduce it a bit but nothing so great that justifies the price.

In my experience I've found the Knoxx needs some break in time before it really starts to work effectively They come new extremely stiff but after 600 plus rounds they start to work more effectively. They really shine with full power buck and slugs. I've had clients do a before and after and they are sold on em!

In my experience I've found the Knoxx needs some break in time before it really starts to work effectively They come new extremely stiff but after 600 plus rounds they start to work more effectively. They really shine with full power buck and slugs. I've had clients do a before and after and they are sold on em!

I see. Wasn't aware of any break in period. I did put about 200 rounds of 00 bucks and slugs through it, they only allowed those at the local range, but still couldn't tell the difference. My shotguns rock Limb Saver pads now.

I bought an ATI a few years ago, the stock with pistol grip. It works well, and the only gripe I have is the recoil pad. It is made of a very hard rubber and ATI says that is the only kind they make / use. After market pads like Limb Saver won't fit because the mounting holes are non-standard. I use a slip-on for now, but will keep looking for something better.

By-the-way, I found the sling shown here tends to shift the center of gravity when loaded with shells, and no longer use it. (Perhaps I'll update my photos some day soon.)
Guns005.jpg

After shooting my 590a1 a few times this past two weeks, I ended up putting a few strips of electrician's tape along the face of the Limbsaver since it was so sticky it significantly slowed the shouldering time. Worked like a charm and doesn't look "too" ghetto.
Now working on the reload sequence, feels awkward and needs more time/practice to get it smooth. I am using a ammo belt that can be slung over shoulder Pancho Villa-style. I do not like side-saddles or buttstock feeders.

I've never found the 12 GA bad as far as recoil and I have a hard Choate folding stock for my bedside shottie.. my SPAS 12 has a metal folding stock with no pad, no problem. Bruises are merely a way your shottie says "I love you"..

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top