JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm planning to go hunting this year for the first time in probably a decade and would like to get a relatively inexpensive scoped rifle in 30-06, 30-30 or 7mm magnum (since I have some past experience with those calibers). For 30-06 or 7mm magnum I'm looking for something dependable like a Savage 110, Rem 700, or similar. If a 30-30, I'd prefer the Marlin line. It just has to work for hunting in Oregon. I'm in the central Oregon Coast area, but will probably be hunting in Southern Oregon, so I need something that works for that region.
Thanks.

I have a Savage 300 Win mag with cherry stock and accutrigger with Leupold rings and bases plus ammo to go with it all. Let me know if you are interested.

Scott

I'd look at the new marlin xl7 in 30-06. Brand new for $300, and I think they have a scope package but I don't know the price. I'm looking at moving to a 30-06 and have looked at alot of used rifles but just can't justify it with the new marlin at that price point.

Also, don't put much value on most scopes you see on used rifles, old Simmons, Weavers, low end Bushnells, Tascos, etc. You can buy 'em all day long at $40 - 50.

Sometimes you're willing to pay more just because you like a particular rifle like a used 700, model 70, m77, etc. If so go for it, cause you like it is plenty good enough reason. But for value, don't know of anything better than the marlin at $300. :s0159:

Thanks for the insight on the Marlin. I have a couple of offers from people in the forum on rifles in .308, but the prices are a bit above $300 even for used. I'm still considering options from emails I've received, but maybe I'll take a look at the Marlins also. I hadn't thought of them for a bolt action.
Thanks everyone. ;)

Thanks for the insight on the Marlin. I have a couple of offers from people in the forum on rifles in .308, but the prices are a bit above $300 even for used. I'm still considering options from emails I've received, but maybe I'll take a look at the Marlins also. I hadn't thought of them for a bolt action.
Thanks everyone. ;)

Marlin makes it in 308 too if that's what you're looking for, called the xs7308. Shorter action but otherwise same idea.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.