JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Seems to me it's been a while since you bought your last Galco... I've never found one for $50. For whatever the money, Galco is the highest functioning and most comfortable holster I own. Like Don Hume and Bianchi too.

I've bought a couple of guns that came with an Uncle Mikes Sidekick Hip Holster [$18]. Those get tossed in the trash when I get home.
I just bought three Galco holsters a couple weeks ago. They were all Stow-N-Go holsters and each cost about $50.

I really like Don Humes belt slide holster for when you want a quality, but inexpensive, leather OWB holster.

I have a couple Binchi holsters that I just love. Their Carry-Lok holsters are great for heavier guns and their Black Widow holds the gun at the perfect angle.

-not knowing all the laws pretaining to CCW

In Washington state, there isn't any formal training required to get a CCW. Therefore, you have to know the state laws prior to carrying concealed. My wife (god bless her soul) was going to make a trip to California...I started to talk to her about being safe and aware of her surroundings when she said "oh don't worry, I'll just take my gun!"

Big no-no...I'm sure you knew that one already, but here is some RCWs that you probably didn't know.

RCW 77.15.460 (Firearms in Vehicles)
RCW 9.41.300 (Prohibited places to carry a firearm)

No real surprise in those RCW for me but when I first started carrying, I bought and studied "Washington State Gun Rights and Responsibilities" by Dave Workman. It was a great help for me in separating fact and fable.

the one mistake i have yet to master is how to carry w/o being detected by family and family friends especially the girls/females. they always want the side ways hug that causes them to brush against my back. only 1/10 asks, but i'm sure 9/10 notice "something"

I ran into the same problem. If it is a girl, go low with your hands and they will naturally go high. If it is a guy, I think proper etiquette would be to go one hand high and the other low, so low on your strong side and high with your weak. However, you're screwed if you wear your shoulder rig.

Also, if you are hugging this person, chances are they are family or friend. So, if they discover you're carrying it probably won't be as big of a deal if it were to be a stranger.

In Washington state, there isn't any formal training required to get a CCW. Therefore, you have to know the state laws prior to carrying concealed. My wife (god bless her soul) was going to make a trip to California...I started to talk to her about being safe and aware of her surroundings when she said "oh don't worry, I'll just take my gun!"

Big no-no...I'm sure you knew that one already, but here is some RCWs that you probably didn't know.

RCW 77.15.460 only refers to rifles and shotguns. Not handguns.

I ran into the same problem. If it is a girl, go low with your hands and they will naturally go high. If it is a guy, I think proper etiquette would be to go one hand high and the other low, so low on your strong side and high with your weak. However, you're screwed if you wear your shoulder rig.

Also, if you are hugging this person, chances are they are family or friend. So, if they discover you're carrying it probably won't be as big of a deal if it were to be a stranger.

I would humbly suggest that hugging a stranger would generally be a bad idea:D

I've tried to save money by buying a bunch of cheap holsters and none were comfortable for me. I finally steppped up and spent $120 on a Kramer IWB. If you add up all of the cheap holster purchases they easily would have added up to this single one! The first time wearing it I took a four hour drive, then hung around with several unaccepting family members-needless to say no troubles or discomfort-not even a clue from them!!! Just my two cents.

77.15.460 applies to long guns only. There is another section treating handguns, and one of the "exempted" situations is possession of a CPL. In other words, having the CPL/CWP allows one to carry a loaded pistol inside a vehicle. One of the reasons I decided to get the silly permit. Its too easy to forget, or do something that seems "normal", and end up becoming a felon inadvertently. So--I got the permit.

Beware on travel into California, though... their gun laws are quasi-fascist. Check that, just plain fascist. I've not been able to find out about any non-resident conceal carry permits available. I do know most residents are denied permits. Carrying in a vehicle a handgun except in a locked hard case, ammunition in a separate locked case, is illegal. SOME LEO realise that people travelling from other states will be unaware of their laws, and look the other way. Some LEO realise that people travelling from other states will be unaware of their laws, and LOOK for violations.. with glee.

Before my last trip to that foreign nation, I made sure all my weapons inside the car met their complicated laws... gun locked in one hard case, chained to a seat-base in the car and locked. Ammo in a separate locked case, somewhere else, neither accessible from the driver's seat. I had the added complication of transporting some youth (under 18), other laws make it a crime for youth to have access to a handgun. Thus, I had the case chained and padlocked to the seat.... mixed in with other tools in similar looking cases. I know at least four of the young lads in the car are shooters.... to my knowledge, none of them ever guessed what was in that one case. If they did, they've been well trained, as no one said a thing. I almost left all the guns home on that trip...

Bianchi have recently changed their dealer "rules", and have ceased to trade with a lot of the smaller Mom and Pop gun stores.. the best kind, in general. So, they can no longer order more stock from Bianchi. Most in this category have been closing out their Bianchi line, sometimes at deep discounts. I've made a few scores of late, these sorts of shops have no problem with my bringing in the intended occupant of the new holster and trying it for fit. I really like the Bianchi boned hide holsters I've been able to find this way.... at significant savings. Perfect fit, high quality, very comfortable. I prefer the hard/boned rigs to the soft ones... that tend to collapse once the weapon is drawn. Then what holds yer britches up once the metal "filler" is removed from the holster?
So, whatever holster you try, see how it works with the gun OUT of the holster. Will your belt be tight enough to keep your trousers up, or will they tend to fall down? The problem seems to be worse on skinny people.....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top