JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a new Henry .22 LR, which I've been enjoying. So...I decided to buy a scope, and so I just purchased a Simmons 3-9x30 Mag scope, and had it mounted at the store. I have no complaints with either the rifle (which I love) or the scope (which is perfectly adequate for my needs). The trouble I am having, however, is with the scope's eye relief.
. P1060485.jpg
P1060488.jpg

As you can see from the picture, the scope is already pushed about as far forward (toward the mussle end) as it will go. However, I still find myself pulling my eye away from the scope to fully "fill up" the image in the ocular lens. This is uncomfortable. I will return the scope to the store for a refund tomorrow, as it just won't work well for me. I am not interested in putting any additional hardware on the rifle to accommodate this particular scope. Instead, I would like to find out if any of you have had this issue, and how you remedied it, or what you might suggest in the way of a scope, to circumvent this problem.

Thanks!
Brian

P1060485.jpg

P1060488.jpg

Thank you, Deadeye. The first product says it is "available for .22/grooved receivers," which I find to be vague language. I assume this includes my dovetail scope mount, but I'm not sure. Otherwise, this sounds like it might work. The second product says "airguns," which leads me to believe that it may not work???

Thank you, Deadeye. The first product says it is "available for .22/grooved receivers," which I find to be vague language. I assume this includes my dovetail scope mount, but I'm not sure. Otherwise, this sounds like it might work. The second product says "airguns," which leads me to believe that it may not work???

Either should work.

When I read an ad for a scope, and it states that the scope has an extended eye relief (such as one with a 3.74" relief to help prevent recoil injury), I take this to mean that the focal point of the scope's ocular is further from the scope itself, and that I would have to further pull myself away from the scope in order to get a good/full lens image. Is this correct, or does it mean the opposite--that I can get closer to the scope.

Just trying to know all my options.

When I read an ad for a scope, and it states that the scope has an extended eye relief (such as one with a 3.74" relief to help prevent recoil injury), I take this to mean that the focal point of the scope's ocular is further from the scope itself, and that I would have to further pull myself away from the scope in order to get a good/full lens image. Is this correct, or does it mean the opposite--that I can get closer to the scope.

Just trying to know all my options.

Extended eye relief means you can be further away.

Just find a set of off-set rings. That solves the problem. I had the same issue on my 30-30
Stay away from the Leapers Bi-directional Offset Optimum Profile Mount. They raise the scope up to much. I have one setting in the box. Thought it would be the answer. I was wrong.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top