JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Adaptive Firing Solutions, LLC was created with a simple mission: To ensure each customer finds the right item, tool, or solution into their area of interest that best fits their needs. We take a consultative and holistic approach with our customers by asking specific questions to assess their true needs while offering options, provide training recommendations, and more! Adaptive Firing Solutions has built a strong reputation since 2012 with our consistent and satisfied customer base.

Don't just take our word for it. Check out our 5-star reviews on Google, Facebook, and the endorsements here on Northwest Firearms gun forum! We strive to provide an excellent experience for our customers and to be their partner in the firearms world.

Contact Adaptive Firing Solutions Today!

Steve Riehl, Owner
Adaptive Firing Solutions, LLC
(Class 3/SOT Dealer)
971-217-6811
[email protected]

Hours of Operation
Tuesday-Saturday: 10am-6pm
Sunday & Monday: Closed

2022-04-12 06.41.05.jpg

Last Edited:
It's always a great day when I make over to the Eastside of town to stop by your shop. Always a pleasure doing business with you or having you conduct the private transfer.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

I called and left a message asking for an appointment to come buy an optic. No response. I took my business elsewhere.
No hard feelings but it was disappointing.
I'm very sorry about that. At the moment, I am a one-man operation. I do my best to get through voice, text, Facebook, and Instagram messages, along with scheduled appointments for firearms purchases and transfers. It's just extremely difficult to get do all of them. Text messages are usually easier for me as I can respond periodically during appointments to, at least acknowledge the message. Unfortunately, it's the nature of the beast and I am in the process of trying to make it easier to get in contact with me as well as trying to get to more messages in a timely manner. Again, I apologize for the initial experience and hope to have the opportunity to try to make that up to you.

I didn't realize you weren't already on here. Nothing but positive experiences doing business with you. As for the comment above, I don't think anyone can fault you if one slips through the cracks, especially since this is not your primary business. You have been and will continue to be my first choice for shops on the east side.

I didn't realize you weren't already on here. Nothing but positive experiences doing business with you. As for the comment above, I don't think anyone can fault you if one slips through the cracks, especially since this is not your primary business. You have been and will continue to be my first choice for shops on the east side.
I appreciate that. I can also understand and appreciate the perspective of the those who may not have the same experience. It's all feedback and that is good for me. There's always something to improve upon and without people letting me know, I can only guess!

Welcome to the forum Steve! I've been a satisfied customer since my initial interaction with AFS several years ago. You have always been very helpful, and responsive when I've reached out, and fair to deal with. Glad to have you here on the forum as a resource and member.

My wife wishes I had never met Steve, and she only knows a small fraction of the truth! Hoping to get a call from you any day now....

Steve is my favorite FFL of all time and I consider him a friend. I wish I had met Steve several years earlier as I gave so much money for transfer fees to other local places. All my friends and family from out of State envy the fact I can text my FFL for an appointment and that he is only 15 minutes away. If I met Steve earlier, I honestly think id have at least 10 more guns than I do now. But really, if you havent met Steve or done business with him then you are missing out. He is such a huge asset to the firearms community and an all around great guy.

Steve has been my go to FFL for years. He's a great guy and always has the clients interests in mind. I rarely see business owners these days that take a personal interest in their clients like Steve does. It's always a great experience when we meet for a transaction or to pick up products from his place of business. If you can't get ahold of him, keep trying. I learned texting is the best way.

Hi fellas,
I have scanned though this thread and attempted to click on the red links in Steve's signature but I cannot find an address. I called his number and a voice mail, (I think it was "Global Solutions" message link.) and it asked me to state my name and it would check if he was available. Since he obviously does not know me I hate to take the guy's time to ask him these questions.

I also read where Steve has said that he is a one man operation. (Which I understand and have no issue with.)

But someone please outline for me what kind of business, besides a place to do FFL transfers, Adaptive Firing Solutions is.

Is this a brick and mortar operation?

Does he keep an inventory? Or, as am example, is he a dealer that will order things in for a customer?

Thank you,

Hi fellas,
I have scanned though this thread and attempted to click on the red links in Steve's signature but I cannot find an address. I called his number and a voice mail, (I think it was "Global Solutions" message link.) and it asked me to state my name and it would check if he was available. Since he obviously does not know me I hate to take the guy's time to ask him these questions.

I also read where Steve has said that he is a one man operation. (Which I understand and have no issue with.)

But someone please outline for me what kind of business, besides a place to do FFL transfers, Adaptive Firing Solutions is.

Is this a brick and mortar operation?

Does he keep an inventory? Or, as am example, is he a dealer that will order things in for a customer?

Thank you,
Thank you for your feedback!! So, my phone number is a Google Voice number that is forwarded directly to my cell phone. To differentiate business calls from personal calls, it is set up to ask for your name when you first call so I know it's a business call. There may be a better way, but this is what I have found that works for what I need right now.

Currently, it's only me operating all aspects of Adaptive Firing Solutions. I am home-based at the moment, but am in the process of locating a brick and mortar establishment. I do carry some inventory as well as order in items I may not have in stock. I also help with private party and online purchase transfers, though you can usually save some money by purchasing items directly through me if they are available.

I definitely don't mind answering questions, so please don't hesitate to ask. Depending on the volume of messages I receive, it may take me some time to get back to you. I do my best, but I'm still human!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top