JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Misinformation is spreading. KPTV just reported the shooter had an "automatic assault rifle". I would be highly surprised if that were the case. Since we've had a number of shootings, can't these folks learn to get their information correct? Good grief. They're just making things worse.

I heard a lot of sirens race down Halsey St near my home in Fairview.
The latest news says that there were three shooters, one is dead, one was captured in the church parking lot across the street from the high school and one is still on the loose.
One teacher was taken away by ambulance, and the Life Flight helicopter is still parked on the ground.

2nd "gunman" was just another student in posession of a firearm.
Both my parents retired from reynolds and still have a lot of friends there. So i'm glad there wasn't more people injured/killed.
This school is what we call "ghetto" sounds more like gang beef than a nerd mass shooting, but that won't stop the quick knee jerk gun control talk.

I really wish they would focus and go after the real issue behind these shootings instead of wasting time and money going after bs gun control.
And hold the dang parents responsible for the actions of their bad seeds.

But you'llnever hear aboutthat

Just heard a brief recording on the news saying some about .223 casings and the smell of gunpowder.
Ahhhh, don't be a AR-15!

If it was it would be amazing that two shootings in portland metro reynolds/clackamas done with an "assault" rifle capable of 30rd mags up to 100rd mags and so few people are killed. A miracle really.
I wish these people would start a mass suicide by killing themselves. Why hurt innocent people

There is a very strong chance that in no time at all people will start home schooling a lot more to protect there children. But. I also believe many churches will start schooling there members kids. Most churches have rooms to teach of course, kitchens, and gyms. That's my prediction. But. Most churches have a no guns policy as well. We don't have that policy in our homes though!

There is a very strong chance that in no time at all people will start home schooling a lot more to protect there children. But. I also believe many churches will start schooling there members kids. Most churches have rooms to teach of course, kitchens, and gyms. That's my prediction. But. Most churches have a no guns policy as well. We don't have that policy in our homes though!

Our daughter is home schooled. My wife really pushed for it, and I came along reluctantly. She does attend a co-op type school for home schoolers 2 days a week. I happen to know some of the folks that run it carry regularly. I know when I visit, I'm certainly carrying and know that I wouldn't be chastised for doing so. I feel quite good knowing my daughter and the others in the school are protected. That, and they don't meet in 'gun free zones'. Every time I hear about an incident like this or any of the many other public school issues, it makes me think we're doing the right thing. Oh, that, and she's learning things like the Pledge of Allegiance and the history of the founding of our country - stuff she either wouldn't be getting in public school or would be twisted to fit the latest agenda.

We know more and more people that are fed up with either the lack of security or the overreach of the government with respect to things like common core standards, condoms and sex ed, or the revisionist mindset that says the US is somehow a big evil country that needs to be more like Europe. I know home schooling isn't an option for everyone, nor is it the right choice for everyone, but it's nice to live in a country where it's still allowed. In Germany, home schooling is not only illegal, but it will get your children taken from you if you try to do it - it just happened to a family of 4 who tried to seek asylum in the US and were rejected by the Obama administration - saying that seeking the right to have the freedom to home school your children wasn't a legitimate reason to seek asylum from your home country.

Just heard on lars the 2nd person arrested with a firearm was a 21 year old brother of a student for bringing a gun to the school when his sister called him saying there was a shooting. Apparently he was dumb enough to take a gun to a place full of cops and did so illegally

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top