Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Active shooter....Reynolds HS in Troutdale.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by BigBull 301, Jun 10, 2014.

1. BigBull 301

BigBull 301 PDX almost Well-Known Member

At least one person shot.

2. FA9

FA9 Hillsburrito, ORgun Well-Known Member

Seems like this is an everyday occurrence.

3. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Misinformation is spreading. KPTV just reported the shooter had an "automatic assault rifle". I would be highly surprised if that were the case. Since we've had a number of shootings, can't these folks learn to get their information correct? Good grief. They're just making things worse.

4. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I heard a lot of sirens race down Halsey St near my home in Fairview.
    The latest news says that there were three shooters, one is dead, one was captured in the church parking lot across the street from the high school and one is still on the loose.
    One teacher was taken away by ambulance, and the Life Flight helicopter is still parked on the ground.

5. BAMCIS

BAMCIS Eugene Well-Known Member

I'd really love to see the press NOT report the name of this POS shooter so s/he never gets the fame most shooters want.

RicInOR, Morpheus and Don H like this.
  6. 3MTA3

3MTA3 DMZ between Liberty and Tyranny Behind Enemy Lines Bronze Supporter

^^^ + one million

7. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

Stopped by a good guy with a gun.

8. Oregonhunter5

Oregonhunter5 2C IDAHO Well-Known Member

We're they students?

9. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

10. RicInOR

RicInOR Washington County Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

11. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

Has anyone determined whether it was a student that did the shooting? Or an adult that had no business on the campus?

12. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

2nd "gunman" was just another student in posession of a firearm.
    Both my parents retired from reynolds and still have a lot of friends there. So i'm glad there wasn't more people injured/killed.
    This school is what we call "ghetto" sounds more like gang beef than a nerd mass shooting, but that won't stop the quick knee jerk gun control talk.

13. clearconscience

I really wish they would focus and go after the real issue behind these shootings instead of wasting time and money going after bs gun control.
    And hold the dang parents responsible for the actions of their bad seeds.

But you'llnever hear aboutthat

14. Oregonhunter5

Smart money would blame social media for 75% or more of these school shootings.

15. clearconscience

Just heard a brief recording on the news saying some about .223 casings and the smell of gunpowder.
    Ahhhh, don't be a AR-15!

If it was it would be amazing that two shootings in portland metro reynolds/clackamas done with an "assault" rifle capable of 30rd mags up to 100rd mags and so few people are killed. A miracle really.
    I wish these people would start a mass suicide by killing themselves. Why hurt innocent people

16. 45 for me

45 for me Oregon Well-Known Member

Blame TV news for mass shootings, not guns.

44mag2ndamend likes this.
  17. 44mag2ndamend

44mag2ndamend Round the ole tree stump, Down by the crick Well-Known Member

I agree, if you took away the publicity it would not be as big as a problem. Lets focus on our belief that the tool in itself is not evil. Take a look at this link, even from its source and publicize it more.

Focus on this:

http://news.yahoo.com/two-men-girl-human-shield-until-her-father-040007545.html

18. Oregonhunter5

There is a very strong chance that in no time at all people will start home schooling a lot more to protect there children. But. I also believe many churches will start schooling there members kids. Most churches have rooms to teach of course, kitchens, and gyms. That's my prediction. But. Most churches have a no guns policy as well. We don't have that policy in our homes though!

19. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Our daughter is home schooled. My wife really pushed for it, and I came along reluctantly. She does attend a co-op type school for home schoolers 2 days a week. I happen to know some of the folks that run it carry regularly. I know when I visit, I'm certainly carrying and know that I wouldn't be chastised for doing so. I feel quite good knowing my daughter and the others in the school are protected. That, and they don't meet in 'gun free zones'. Every time I hear about an incident like this or any of the many other public school issues, it makes me think we're doing the right thing. Oh, that, and she's learning things like the Pledge of Allegiance and the history of the founding of our country - stuff she either wouldn't be getting in public school or would be twisted to fit the latest agenda.

We know more and more people that are fed up with either the lack of security or the overreach of the government with respect to things like common core standards, condoms and sex ed, or the revisionist mindset that says the US is somehow a big evil country that needs to be more like Europe. I know home schooling isn't an option for everyone, nor is it the right choice for everyone, but it's nice to live in a country where it's still allowed. In Germany, home schooling is not only illegal, but it will get your children taken from you if you try to do it - it just happened to a family of 4 who tried to seek asylum in the US and were rejected by the Obama administration - saying that seeking the right to have the freedom to home school your children wasn't a legitimate reason to seek asylum from your home country.

clearconscience likes this.
  20. clearconscience

Just heard on lars the 2nd person arrested with a firearm was a 21 year old brother of a student for bringing a gun to the school when his sister called him saying there was a shooting. Apparently he was dumb enough to take a gun to a place full of cops and did so illegally