JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Took a look at CZ 75B SA in 9mm. My interest is to shoot a paper with a higher degree of accuracy with a full sized semi auto. The handgun fit my hand nicely. Line of sight seems good in the store. Crisp trigger pull as compared to other guns in the shop. Cannot afford a custom shop gun. Have and shoot with satisfaction a Model 42 Smith inherited from my Dad. Carry Smith 9mm Compact and that little gun is spot on accurate. Not wanting to buy another caliber. Have a Colt Officers Model .45 and Roger 1911. The smaller frame outshoots the full frame. New gun is priced $645.00 . So use this information to help me decide. Reload and have lots and lots of 9 mm brass. Looked at CZ with the memories my great grandmother fled her home during Russian invasion of Czechoslovakia .

Sounds like you are spot on. I shoot a little better with my browning hi-power but the CZ is by far the best accuracy for the price and they hold their resale well. I am sure a mod will move this posting soon as its in the classified section.

Love cz75s and their clones most accurate 9mms I've ever shot. All the cz clones are very accurate. My favorite is the jericho 941 aka baby deagle. It has polygonal rifling and puts tight groups down all the way out to 50 yards for me. Hitting a 100 yrd gong is no problem either once you learn the drop of your particular ammo. Ive had the same results with the eaa tangfolio witness. The styling of 5he original cz 75 isnt my favorite but they got it right with the sp01 in my eyes. Get one and never look back, you'll appreciate the suggestion. I haven't yet had the pleasure of trying out the newer canik guns but my resea4ch had led me to believe they aren't much different than the rest. Keep my posted on what you do and how it works out. I would strongly suggest the baby deagle in final thought as their polygonal barrels make the difference for me.

If you want to head up to ARPC some weekday morning give a holler. You can try out my stock 75B's to see how they actually shoot. 1 omega, 1 standard.

Probably next Thursday, Friday or the following Monday, Tuesday.

...but as others mention, you really can't go wrong with one, if it fits your hand.

Thanks camelfilter I live in Albany so its just a hop for me to get there. I'd love to join ya, heard nothing but good stuff about the caniks!

Your welcome! Just give a holler if your available those days (similar scheduling every 2 weeks).

Get into a more defined/regimented schedule with a few guys once the weather gets nicer though.

im a glock guy. the very first time i ever shot a cz it was a cz sp01. i put the first 3 shots in the same hole. i then shot a p07 duty. put 3 shots in the same hole too. ended up buying a p07 and love it

Bottom line with any weapon is Practice Practice Practice. Every weekend I can get to the range I take all my carry weapons and 100 rounds of various calibers. Also gives you a good excuse that night to smell the gun oil while cleaning ;)

CZ 75B is a great choice. I love mine. Buy a stock one and if you ever get the funds and urge, send it to Cajun Gun Works for enhancements. But if that day never comes, you will still be happy with the stock pistol.

I just paid half down on one today. I chose the SP 01 and I can't wait to get it home. I have to do the down payments because it's the only way I can pace myself!

I may do the 75B as soon as I get this one home.

Good choice, I'm sure you'll love it. The SP-01 is my favorite of all the CZ brand offerings. Of course they're custom shop models are really cool too, but not affordable for most people myself included. Let us know how she shoots when ya get her home!!

I'm not very familiar with CZ's, though I'd definitely like to be!
They do have a reputation for a high order of accuracy and great ergonomics.
It's no surprise to me that your Colt Officers can out shoot your full size. Mine will too. It's so accurate and the epitome 1911 goodness that it's the only 1911 I own now days. If you go for the CZ, let us know how it goes. Good luck!:)

Made an impulse purchase when I found a CZ P O9 in box with two mags, only missing extra back straps for grips. Also, was focused on single action and this shoots double. Took time at the range with factory ammo. Consistent hits left and low on red or on line. Trigger seems to "run"? Long pull, then feeling tension in trigger, and then discharge. I don't slap the trigger but it like a crisp trigger. In talking to shooting with guys that do triggers they advised shooting a couple hundred rounds before any changes. Both guys not familiar with CZ. Local gun shop recommended a Cajun trigger kit. I was hoping for a modest investment. Cajun set up is several hundred dollars. My desire is a shooter that isn't a high end competition gun. Thought polishing or a spring replacement would alter trigger pull. Love appearance, sight length, balance, and hand fit. Someone said the gun is a carry gun and accuracy should be a three inch circle of all shots. I like better than that.

Are you hitting off target in both dbl and single action? Or just dbl? I have a hard time keeping it in the x ring in dbl action also. The single action is a crisp clean break for me without accuracy issues. I would agree that if the pistol is brand new or close to it you will slowly see improved results as the trigger settles. The CGW parts are awesome, but as you mentioned a little pricey. I've found that a modified grip can correct a lot of dbl action accuracy issues. For me it was applying more grip pressure to counteract the momentum shift that occurs when the dbl action trigger breaks.

Are you hitting off target in both dbl and single action? Or just dbl? I have a hard time keeping it in the x ring in dbl action also. The single action is a crisp clean break for me without accuracy issues. I would agree that if the pistol is brand new or close to it you will slowly see improved results as the trigger settles. The CGW parts are awesome, but as you mentioned a little pricey. I've found that a modified grip can correct a lot of dbl action accuracy issues. For me it was applying more grip pressure to counteract the momentum shift that occurs when the dbl action trigger breaks.

Single action. Good question. Will go shooting. Have factory ammunition. Only need to reload will be time. Will keep trying options. Thanks for all support.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top