JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

aac prodigy vs silencerco sparrow

• Total voters
Reactions
Like the title says aac prodigy vs silencerco sparrow which one? I'm looking at bying a can in the next week got the money and it's burning hole in my pocket the suppressor will be used one a
P22
Ruger 10/22
Remington 597
Savage mkii fv-sr

I don't plan to get anything else like the sparrow allows such as 17hmr,22mag etc

So I'm wanting to know if any one has one or both of these cans and if so which one they like

Also on a side note does a bull barrel make a difference over a standard barrel for being suppressed? Working on buliding the 10/22 and idk if I should threaded factory barrel or buy an after market one

Like Misternt, I like the clamshell tube design in the sparrow. That will make cleaning easier, which is very important for a rimfire suppressor. The baffle on the sparrow is also stainless steel, which can be cleaned with dip. Can't clean aluminum with dip.

Silencerco has a reputation for excellent customer service. Not saying AAC doesn't, I just haven't read any reports about it.

Those were the reasons I'm waiting on my stamp for a Sparrow.

I have a Sparrow and love it. So easy to clean. Has a bit of FRP, nothing a spritz of water wont correct. It doesn't bother me any way. Now waiting for my Hunter town arms, Kesler 556. It's so hard to wait..LOL

I have a Sparrow and am very happy. They also have excellant customer service if you ever need it.

Between the two there is little difference in noise or price, if your dealer has both in stock it is a coin toss. If only one of them in stock get that one. They both have a fairly decent "first round pop"

With all of that said, SWR and Gemtech have nice ones also, I THINK there is a manufacturer now in Oregon and you could buy local if wanted.

What ever you buy DO NOT EXPECT Hollywood quiet.

Aluminium baffles are not as durable as S.S.

I thought that Gemtech made a suppressor with SS baffle, I would avoid the Aluminium and deal with the extra weight.

Be sure to buy user servicable, .22 are dirty.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top