JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
loathe bolt on carry handles
Back in the 80's I was out shooting with some friends and one of them had an AR with one of those, which was extra stupid because without it he had no sights, but being the age we were he could not shut up about it and showing how easy on easy off it was, right up to when it decided to self-easy off while we were walking. No real drama like bouncing down a cliff or anything, just one second he was walking with his rifle and the next we all had to put ours down before we dropped them laughing at him :s0114:

They're really not though. A2s haven't been produced in years for military use and some of the cheap A2 stuff is dreadful
Ain't it the same situation for A1 and C7 uppers basically? Some reports saying that the Brownells C7 uppers sometimes have off center milling on certain parts (carry handle sight groove, takedown pin tabs)

But it's way easier to find decent-good A1 uppers and C7 uppers than good A2 uppers apparently.

Ain't it the same situation for A1 and C7 uppers basically? Some reports saying that the Brownells C7 uppers sometimes have off center milling on certain parts (carry handle sight groove, takedown pin tabs)

But it's way easier to find decent-good A1 uppers and C7 uppers than good A2 uppers apparently.
Took me 3 months to find an A1 upper

Just opinion but the big difference to me is the weight of the different uppers. First AR15s were A1s and very light weight. Over the years the uppers changed in many directions but I got old and light weight recievers make good sense to me.

My favorite for this old man is the Bushmaster with no sites and a pencil barrel.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top