JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
JSE had A1 uppee receivers for sale for the crazy price of 160 with hardware. Picked up one, wish I had bought more . Theyre gone. Put it together A1 style with a chromed FN barrel from Primary arms memorial day sale and slapped it on a MG lower. Good times.

IMG-1442.jpg
. IMG-1443.jpg

A2 upper receivers aren't terrible to find. A1's being quite a bit harder.
It's funny, because back in the A1 days we couldn't wait to ditch our A1's and get our hands on them new high-speed A2 HBARS with that new fangled SS109 round….

Everything always seems to cycle…. what's new is old, and what was old is new again.

Last Edited:
Everyone here fighting about the correctness of the build. I'm just sitting here staring at the third hole.

At least you aren't staring at the "third leg."

I have an A1 upper receiver laying around. It was part of a retro 20" build. Proper teardrop FA, small pad port door, et cetera. Then I replaced it with a flat top upper. I simply despise carry handles, no matter how cool I think M16a1s are.

At least you aren't staring at the "third leg."

I have an A1 upper receiver laying around. It was part of a retro 20" build. Proper teardrop FA, small pad port door, et cetera. Then I replaced it with a flat top upper. I simply despise carry handles, no matter how cool I think M16a1s are.
Well , I , being an old bastard, was in the Army when all we had were M16A1's and we carried them with carry handles and no one said a word. To me its more natural. I like peep sights and loathe bolt on carry handles. To be honest though I do like a good A2 upper but finding quality A2 uppers is difficult too.

Last Edited:
Well , I , being an old bastard, was in the Army when all we had were M16A1's and we carried them with carry handles and no one said a word. To me its more natural. I like peep sights and loathe bolt on carry handles. To be honest though I do like a good A2 upper but finding quality A2 uppers is difficult too.
Quality A2 uppers with the A2 rear sight should be easier to find than A1 or C7 (aka A2 with field sight) uppers... since pretty much every major AR brand had the A2 upper during the ban years and post ban...

Quality A2 uppers with the A2 rear sight should be easier to find than A1 or C7 (aka A2 with field sight) uppers... since pretty much every major AR brand had the A2 upper during the ban years and post ban...
They're really not though. A2s haven't been produced in years for military use and some of the cheap A2 stuff is dreadful

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top